Electronic Componens & Supply Stores

Smithy

I propose a thread for a list of sites where you can buy electronic components.

Would be nice to have this stickied.

And maybe people could give feedback from where they have bought supplies

r.e. value, shipping , refunds, customer service etc..

Feel free mods to change the title to somethig more desireable.

Or to just delete the thread if ye think its not worthwhile!

I can edit this post to have a nice master list.

So far who do we have?

SmashTV's Midibox Store

www.mikes-elektronikseite.de:

www.voti.nl

http://www.reichelt.de

www.maplin.co.uk (expensive uk site hehe)

Ughhh,

I've just noticed on the "where to order" page in the wiki, theres a pretty good list already.

Maybe it would still be good to have this thread to have extra sites, so people can find a better deal easily?

I can add all the sites from the wiki too.

What do ye think? Keep this thread or scrap it?

It would be a good plan to have only one single but well known shop list. having information on two different places just leads to inconsistencies because some people only know of and update one place. So I think the best thing would be to kill this thread, but put a sticky post on Fleamarket, Parts Questions and Parts Archive pointing to the wiki page.

Seppoman

sticky post on Fleamarket, Parts Questions and Parts Archive pointing to the wiki page.

I was just about to post saying "I'll do that shortly", but then I thought... Hangon... If we put a sticky for every wiki page that should be read, I think maybe we'd have a few too many ;) Maybe better to encourage people to search the wiki.

That said, could it be good if people came up with ideas for search keywords, to put at the bottom of pages or something? Pointing people at the wiki may be good in theory, but if they can't find what they want, then the system has failed.

I'd be really interested to hear what the forum thinks about this, whether it's the gurus with lots of experience or newer guys who have a fresh perspective on the mass of reading to be done around here. All I can remember now, is that I procrastinated for about 4 months before I started reading it, it was such a daunting task!