spectrasymbol softpots group buy - membrane strip potentiometers

phineus

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, order the # you like.  I get the price if the total order's over 100 units.  I don't want to turn into a spectrasymbol clearinghouse so thought I would limit this buy to the 100-200 unit range.  If it goes over 200 then I'll see if I can get a better price break at 200. 

(I didn't expect this much interest)

impressive to say at least...

:-X

even when I bought 40 piece fully built analog (!!) ledmeters compromising 4x10 segment of such LEDs ... pnce a while

i know i know this is step sequencer of my dreams ;D ~

>.<

"And it would also be interesting to see if the Stribe could be configured to send control-voltages to an

old-style analog synth, bypassing the software entirely. This would limit the visual feedback to a handful of cursor

presets, but still might be very cool)" <- why limit, lets use some blazing 14 or 16 bit SAR adc and run CV scaler in fpga  ? :D

PS: 40 segment analog ledmeters for sale with the same looker hdsp-4840 bargraph, fully built i have schematic amnd calibration descripture

Anyone outside of the US will have to pay taxes if the declared value is over a certain price (Example : $20 CAD in Canada)

I think there are separate orders either because some parts are too expensive to get outside of a specific continent, or the person doing the order is too lazy to use USPS and fill a CN 22 form (USPS PS Form 2976).

The membrane pots are flat and would fit in a bubble envelope so there's no problem with shipping costs.

Just a remark to the customs form: When I send a regular letter from Germany to the US with German Post, I don't even have to fill in a customs form - they assume that a letter cannot contain any commercial items. I do not know how USPS handles this, though. phineus, it might be worth checking beforehand so people in Europe know what to expect in terms of taxes and duties! (Pretty please  :) )

Best regards, ilmenator

Yes they will all have the connector in this batch.

They can fit in the envelope diagonally if there are not too many - I was also thinking of a cardboard envelope like a CD mailer only a little wider (letter-length) that could work.  I have to go to Staples and look/try/see.

Yep, 360 degree continuous potentiometers. I just searched for the model number of the units you just sent a picture of, they're still in production apparently!

That's why I posted a clear pic. They are still widely used in servo mechanisms - which is what those were for. If you're in the UK/Europe and want a few 5K ones, drop me a memo.

Hi folks -

If you e-mailed me for SoftPots and received an Invoice, please pay it ASAP, or send me another e-mail with your ETA.  Or if you did not get an invoice, let me know that, too.  They should've all gone out last night.  Not trying to rush anyone, but it'd be cool to get the order out before the weekend.  No worries if you've changed your mind or funds are slow, just let me know so I can plan.  We need to order at least 100 units to get the great discount.

Thanks!  :)

Sorry, the order went out yesterday.  Keep me posted with your interest, though, as there will probably be others.  If this one doesn't turn into a big PITA then I'll probably do it again.

cool, it's probably for the best anywayz.

i find it so hard to resist these group buys...

i will get in on the next round.