µDRIVE-uSD-G1, SD storage for MB???

lief138

Interesting! 

I noticed "(also available as separate OEM chips for volume users)" in the datasheet, the chip looks like a standard PLCC package, those have DIY friendly through hole sockets available....

TK and the other coders need to weigh in on this one....I'm just a simple hardware guy.... :)

Best

Smash

wohaa, i came around this ;)

http://www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=15

µVGA-PICASO-MD1 (available at sparkfun)

I could imagine lots of boxes with a tft display ;) But that would be a lot of programming I think.

Edit: After looking into the usermanual it seems that its "relativly easy" to send the basic commands for text and basic shapes, which are needed at first.

wohaa

but that SD is also great. Both have a serial interface. That works with the MB platform.

greetz

That is nice find! I wish I`m into programming. :-[  It reminded me of MBTV. I don`t know how small is smallest VGA display available (I`m sure they aren`t cheap), but 4-5 inch max. size would be great to show all possible colorful information. Bigger than that would probably be just a use of precious space on panel. I don`t believe some of us wish to have one more TFT on the stage, but for studio use could be cool. I just can imagine what can be done using this module with MB other than just showing names, note or CC values. Some supercool sequencer is falling on my mind, but I think the best use of it would be something for VJ-ing, like some kind of picture sampler/sequencer. If it can play the picture sequences fast enough form SD (2G! :D) card it could be really useful for motion pic.