what is it MidiBoxes and Solid State Logic have in common?

Serana

Heya ^^

I'm new here and at the moment still trying to digest the basics, but when looking around for designs to "borrow" I found this in the manual of the SSL Duality console (see attachment)

So yeah ... a DIY project and a 275+k$ console share the same idea ... emulating the Mackie Controller  ;D

This is a screenshot from the free downloadable PDF-manual, if this should violate the copyrights, please tell me.

Yes, I download stuff like that all the time ... mmh ... I guess that explains why my HDDs are always full

- Serena

... great, first post and it's in the Off-Topic section, what a start -.-

ssl_mackie_thumb.jpg

1961_ssl_mackie_jpgba8bad773c4684e9fa266

hi and welcome

So yeah ... a DIY project and a 275+k$ console share the same idea .

you should see my budget for electronics for the last 6 months and my annual income !

the reason why so many producers are using Mackie Control (Behringer as well) is that Mackie s released it, don t expect anything like that anymore though.Still waiting for somebody to crack the C4 (if this should violate the copyrights etc etc  ::)

simone

PS: miscellaneous is the hype don t worry

So yeah ... a DIY project and a 275+k$ console share the same idea ... emulating the Mackie Controller  ;D

... this has nothing to do with budget but more with support.

Specifying a new controller protocol is not so hard but time consuming (+implementation) = costs money.

There already are two (three... if you call SlowTools "pro"  :P) dedicated pro controller protocols:

- EuCon (Euphonix)

- Oasis (Merging)

- DigiControl (Digidesign)

Which one should SSL implement now? - Oasis can only be used for Pyramix, EuCon only for Nuendo and a few others and Digidesign don't even open up, cause they do everything to push customers to the world's worst DAW available (SlowTools).

If SSL implements Oasis, it can only be used by Pyramix users. If they implement EuCon, they have to pay Euphonix a license fee, it can only be used by a few more systems than Oasis and they help Euphonix in bringing EuCon up to set the new standard... that's not what they want, believe me  ;)

So what language does every DAW understand? MackieControl and HUI

Greets, Roger

controller controller , does it really matter ? ::)

I would make sure I dont have 2 cent opamp and 10 cent delta sigma codec btw , to my understanding, SSL sells just that with their asset bought out from soundscape... name sells, enter the boutique

::) ??? ::) ... what did you try to preach  ???