Vsti host module??

0x

Is possile to build a module that will act as vsti host?? I'm not hardware/software cracker. I have only idea that something like Midibox Vsti host will be nice. Just for remakes of old analog synths from vsti (just like minimoog, arp2600, or juno60. they are really rare to find now). Something like SID but with memory to upload any vsti plugin.

PS. Sorry for my engilsh but it isn't my mother's language.

Because it costs something around $2,099.00. And then its only a presseter. If You want to program synth stored on it You need externeal midi controler. I wanna build something that have build-in control and look like for example juno60. And i think it will cost less than receptor. I don't need 160GB space for plugins. I wanna store only one vsti and control it in realtime.

Objective is: build hardware synth from vst with low costs.

Running VSTis is not possible with a PIC (or other microcontroller). VSTIs require a PC or MAC to run them, both because of performance and compatibility. But you could probably build a small µATX PC system into a rack case that is preconfigured to autoboot into a VST host app with your favourite plugins, and then add a Midibox control surface into that case.

S