Fixed mistakes w/solder wick, added capacitors...
So... After a morning session, a 5 hour rehearsal and 2 hours working in my studio, I was able to sneak into the basement lab to do some work for a short spell.
Here's the board yesterday after I yanked... uh, carefully took out those resistors I had installed incorrectly... It's the R4_SIDx and R24_SIDx series that I had put into the C3_SIDx/C23_SIDx spot. (I stole, er, borrowed my wife's nice camera, so these pics are a little more detailed)
There was still leftover solder in some of the holes as you can see here:
So, I tried using solder wick. It worked out really good sometimes for me, and took forever sometimes. Sometimes the solder sucker completely cleared out the holes too... it was a pretty imperfect science for me, and I don't feel I have quite the hang of it yet, but I more or less got the holes cleared, and only singed the board a little:
So, tonight I added some more capacitors to the SID modules:
But I ran out of time before I could finish, so here's where I stand now:
I wont have time tomorrow to work on it :cry: , so I'll hopefully find some time over the weekend...
I'm movin' forward again, and it feels good!