MIDIbox 808 Video

TK.

Who has a real 808 and mb808 ? Timing inaccuracy should be a feature no ? :) (for real) 

Timing inaccuracies can be emulated on a MB808 by letting the analog input for swing pot unconnected (don't clamp it to ground! ;)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 month later...

Yes, should be good.  And what about this:

http://www.spectralis.de/

PS - they are hiring software people ;D

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,11056.0.html

I thought about applying, but I used to live in California...  (Which is one of the big reasons I live in Arizona now...)  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Who has a real 808 and mb808 ? Timing inaccuracy should be a feature no ? :) (for real) 

if you have the TR808 midi retrofitted there is no audible time inaccuracy, just as tight as the mb808.

If you use the TR808 without midi I bet you can see differences zooming a recorded waveform at sample level given the nature of analog/old stuff, but I'd say, overall, it's just a myth to get more cash for the boxes.

If you still want audible timing inaccuracy, use an MS2000 as a master, that (really bad) timing will beat any other box known to mankind!

• 1 month later...

i've search around but not find this function that i use now i ableton, but will be useful on my seq one  day.

the possibility to group the track/instruments (kick+snare+rim+clap in ex. & ohh+chh+crash+ etc.) to mute all together in one click?

::)

You mean a single mouse-click? ;)

You can easily mute/unmute multiple tracks at once by using your 10 fingers

Best Regards, Thorsten.

yes i means something like single click mute.

eheh, i know i can, but the most of the time i need this when right hand it's doing something on another synth, and mute kick snare and HH to leave ride and rimshot. this it's just the idea, i know it's not so fundamental :)

G.

you can also switch between sections in a pattern with a single finger tip. Together with the pattern switching function, it's much more powerful than using DJ like mutes (I would propose to request this feature from the Ablethon guys, because you will love it ;))

Best Regards, Thorsten.

you can also switch between sections in a pattern with a single finger tip. Together with the pattern switching function, it's much more powerful than using DJ like mutes (I would propose to request this feature from the Ablethon guys, because you will love it ;))

Best Regards, Thorsten.

this sound interesting..  8)

(I would propose to request this feature from the Ablethon guys, because you will love it ;))

;) +1 

I've just started using Ableton myself, and so far I find it better to sequence my SEQ's rather than have the track data inside Live  8)  So much so, that I've been thinking about making changes to the firmware for a live control surface which controls a pair of SEQ's instead!