Meine Midibox ist (fast fertig) !

consi_hh

Hallo zusammen, meine Midibox ist soweit fertig und ich wollte mal nen kleinen Bericht abgeben und nen paar Bilder zeigen.

Erstmal zur Vorgeschichte, ich war auf der Suche nach einer komfortablen möglichkeit meine Lichtsteuerung auf dem PC fernzubedienen. Ich hatte vorher ein kleines Midi-keyboard mit 8 Pot`s. Die pot`s waren mir zu klein und die Tasten reichten nicht.

So kam ich zu dem Entschluss mir eine selbst zu bauen.

Ausgehend von der MBox 64 plante ich 64 Taster,jeweils mit eingebauter LED sowie 11 Fader.

Nachdem ich mich mit meinem "schulenglisch" soweit schlau gemacht hatte bestellte ich mir bei Mike ein Core, ein LTC, ein AIN sowie jeweils 2 DIN und DOUT.

Zusammenlöten klappte schnell und problemlos, jedoch gingen dann die kleinen probleme los, über den LTC ließ sich MIOS nicht aufspielen weil ich über nen UCS-seriell wandler ging. Nachdem ich mir ein USB-Midi adapter gekauft hatte ging es immer noch nicht, wie sich dann herausstellte war der Pic falsch programmiert worden. TK hat in für mich überprüft und neu gebrannt, dann klappte es. Mios ging rauf, jedoch bootete der Pic ca alle 3 sek neu, das lag daran das die Spannung  anscheinend zusammengebrochen ist, netzteil von 7 auf 9V und es funktioniert.

Nachdem soweit alles klappte wie es sollte hab ich mir gedanken gemacht über das Layout der Frontplatte und hab sie bestellt, das Gehäuse hab ich selber gebaut.

Leider hab ich beim planen der Frontplatte den Rasterabstand der Platinen nicht berücksichtigt und musste beim Einbau der taster nen bisschen stückeln....

Momentan hab ich die Mbox 64 anwendung drauf, eventuell nehm ich auch  die ain64_din128_dout128 da das Programmieren in C ja einfacher sein soll...

Das einzige was ich nun noch machen muss ist die Anpassung der LED`s  ich möchte sowas wie nen LED "toggle" haben, nur bin ich was programmierung in C oder asm angeht überhaupt nicht fit, da brauch ich dann sicherlich nochmal eure hilfe.

Alles in allem hat der Aufbau aber, durch die super dokumentation und die Hilfe im Forum problemlos geklappt.

Sooo  nu gibts noch nen paar bilder, leider von der qaulität nicht so gut da ich sie mitm handy gemacht hab...

Bild023 (Medium)_thumb.jpg

Bild025 (Medium)_thumb.jpg

Bild026 (Medium)_thumb.jpg

Bild027 (Medium)_thumb.jpg

Bild023_(Medium).jpg

Bild025_(Medium).jpg

Bild026_(Medium).jpg

Bild027_(Medium).jpg

Quick and dirty translation:

"Hi guys, my Midibox is about ready and I wanted to report the progress and show some pictures.

First up the history. I was looking for a comfortable possibility to remote-control my "lighting system" from my PC. Before I only had a small MIDI-keyboard with 8 pots. The pots were too small for me and there weren't enough keys.

So I decided to build one myself.

I started with a MBox 64 planning to use 64 buttons each with a LED and 11 faders.

After I read though all the info with my "school english" I ordered a core, an LTC, an AIN and 2 DINs and DOUTs from Mike.

The soldering was quick and worked without problems, but that's were small problems started occuring as I couldn't install MIOS over the LTC because I was using a UCS-serial  converter. After buying a USB-midi adapter it still didn't work. Turns out the PIC had been programmed incorrectly. TK checked it for me and reburnt it - after that it worked. I could install MIOS but the PIC was rebooting every 3 seconds as apparently the voltage was too low, so I switched the PSU from 7V to 9V and it worked.

Now that everything worked as supposed to so far I started thinking about the layout of the front panel and ordered it, the case has been hand made.

Unfortunately I didn't take the grid size of the vero-boards into account and had to cheat a bit when putting in the buttons.

At the moment I'm running the Mbox 64 application, I might switch to the ain64_din128_dout128 as C programming is supposedly easier.

The only thing I still need to do is to adjust the LEDs. I'd like to have something like a LED "toggle", unfortunately I'm not really all that good with C/ASM programming, so I'll most likely need your help again with that.

All in all building the hardware worked without major problems thanks to the great documentation and help on the forum.

So, here are a few pictures, sorry for the quality, I took them with my cell phone."

That sounds much better than babelfish translation but same time less funny :) Thank you Nils.

Consi, that controller looks very good. I`m interested how you control the light? What software it is and what kind of hardware interface is it? Is it just for fading or something more complex like light head moving and such? I hope it is not bih problem for you to answer. There is much of us here with bad school English. ;)

hey, thanks for the Translation, my english is not so good becuase im not speak or write anything since I was in school 12 jears ago, but I try to give you an answer.

I control with the box a software named "Scanshow" from "Lightdesk"  and use them to control a lot of moving- and genericlights.  I can use the faders to control the channels of the lightingfixtures,the speed or the dimmer. The switches I can use to start cues,chaser an so on.

The hardware interface usb-dmx is an interface "usbdmx2" from "soundlight" which gives me one dmx universe with 512 dmx channels.

Consi, Thank you for answer.

I find your English not so bad as I was expecting.  :) Think this forum is the good place to improve it if you are active. ;) I didn`t used English regularly since school too. Firefox auto spell checker is also very helpful.