DenDer

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So its been a littlke while that i was active over here. Queensday and liberation day behind me so its time to continue on my SIDDER project.....although.... this friday i'm goig live on stage but SIDDER isn't finished yet. The DIN and DOUT boards are soldered but i still have to finish the slave core and one SID module.

After this friday i'm going to work on SIDDER again and on the 20th of may i have some surgery so time is at my side to finish my bb.

So its been a littlke while that i was active over here. Queensday and liberation day behind me so its time to continue on my SIDDER project.....although.... this friday i'm goig live on stage but SIDDER isn't finished yet. The DIN and DOUT boards are soldered but i still have to finish the slave core and one SID module.

After this friday i'm going to work on SIDDER again and on the 20th of may i have some surgery so time is at my side to finish my bb.

Good luck with your gig tonight - tell us how it went.  Usually I would say 'break a leg' too but not this time with your surgery. How about 'heal a leg'  ;)

Thanks guys for the compassion :) but its minor surgery(hernia) although i don't like the idea off someone cutting into my flesh.

Well last night i had my live hardware gig and it went fantastic. I recently bought a Quasimidi Quasar and man that synth rocks!!! Every part (16 in total) can be assigned to a different midi channel so its like having 15 synths and a drumcomputer(part 10 = midichannel 10) in one. I had 30 minutes to play which in my opinion is enough time for a live performance on a big party.(2000+) The first 25 minutes went like a dream and the last 5 minutes i improvised by playing the keys. The result cheerfull people with da hands in da air. Massive!! Even my friends had goosepimples......nice....

Yeh quasimidi stuff is underrated. Rare though...

Don't worry about the operation, the cutting doctors are far more advanced than the chemical doctors. You should worry more about a headache tablet ;)

Glad the gig was rockin. Feel better soon!

Totally.

No adding extra posts just to bump up your postcount. It will cheese me off, and remember: I have the power to merge all those posts into one ;)

No, I would not really do that. Unless you REALLY pissed me off!

[me=stryd_one]polishes his green stars[/me]

;D

• 2 months later...

So it's been 2 months now since i've done anything on my working SIDDER....... :-[

I've have ordered 2x  18F4685 Microchips.......so i'm upgrading to MB SID V2..... :o

All the parts are in the house now including exp.board to hook up all the tact.switches en rot.encoders.

Also did some work on the case for which i had to make a bottom board to keep the 4 datasettes enclosures together.

At the moment i'm finishing up on the soldering of the remaining SID boards and the second core is going to be soldered tonight.

Some questions:

With the second core i don't need the midi connectors...can i just leave them out?

For the third DIN board can i leave out the 3 unused ic's? But put in the 10k pull ups..

Another question...when you connect 2 core's, only the master core handles the midi in and out right?

And leave out the optocoupler of the slave core.

Yet another question concerning the connections between the DIN boards. If i look at the double J1 header and the double J2 header i don't understand how to connect S0 and SI.

Goes S0 to S0 or to SI from J1 to J2?

And o yeah, i've made an executive descision about the housing of my SIDDER.......i'm going to build it inside an old mixer which belonged to a friend of mine. It was beyond repair.... (people should know now that mixers don't drink alcohol, although their name would suggest otherwise ;D )

Another question...when you connect 2 core's, only the master core handles the midi in and out right?

And leave out the optocoupler of the slave core.

Correct. I'd rather put them in though. You never know what you'll do with it in the future, or it might even be helpful for debugging. Leaving out parts is most of the time not helpful ;)

Yet another question concerning the connections between the DIN boards. If i look at the double J1 header and the double J2 header i don't understand how to connect S0 and SI.

Goes S0 to S0 or to SI from J1 to J2?

You can use straight through 2x5 cables.

That's absolutly true 8) but i have to check if they will fit in the enclosure......i mean 2 core's, 4 sid's, 3 din's, 2 dout's, psu and banksticks + lcd its gonna be a close one...

Just made a mock up of the ledmatrix and that looks nice.....now only have to figure out a new layout for SIDDER...i want to use some of the layout of the mixer (knob spacing is nice) because it uses a double surface. I can connect(screw) the rotary encoders directly to the under surface and the top surface will hide the screws....

You know what i'll take some pics tomorrow ;D