SID (((stereo)))- FINISHED and NAMED!!

buhler

Im hoping, if you ever do take filthy pics of the inside,

Please do post them here  ;D ..I like insides.

Im curious B.

What are you planning on building next?

Cuz this stuff is addictive.  ;D

well... i want to give the MbPOKEY that nILS has been working on a shot so i'm building 2 POKEY boards this week and hopefully that will work out.  i also have plans to build the MbSEQv3 because i need a sequencer...  then at some point, the MbFM and maybe a SwinSID or two and of course the Mb6582. ;D  it is super addicting!  what about you foona?  i've seen you on a few lists...  i may post a few pics of the insides at some point.  i'll let you know.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buhler im absolutely loving that LCD display, its really green and bright.

You got it from here right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantastic-20x2-Character-OLED-LCD-Module-Display_W0QQitemZ350054508482QQihZ022QQcategoryZ26206QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Its a shame they dont have that colour in 20x4, im guessing OLED LCD's are that bit brighter ya?

Your mbsid is looking sweet, it looks like an extremely pimped up version of the inferior SidStation!

Buhler im absolutely loving that LCD display, its really green and bright.

You got it from here right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantastic-20x2-Character-OLED-LCD-Module-Display_W0QQitemZ350054508482QQihZ022QQcategoryZ26206QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Its a shame they dont have that colour in 20x4, im guessing OLED LCD's are that bit brighter ya?

Your mbsid is looking sweet, it looks like an extremely pimped up version of the inferior SidStation!

thanks smithy!!!  yes that's the LCD.  i love the LCD and as you may have read, if you ground the last four data pins, it works in 4 bit mode without any issues!  it is a bit brighter than the PLEDs but the downside is there is no brightness adjustment options, at least i can't adjust it from the core...  anyway, thanks for the kind words!!  i actually have a SidStation and sort of used what i liked about it to make mine cooler!!!  eventually i'm gonna get the face panel etched with a schweet design but that's a little ways down the road. ;D

well... i want to give the MbPOKEY that nILS has been working on a shot so i'm building 2 POKEY boards this week and hopefully that will work out.  i also have plans to build the MbSEQv3 because i need a sequencer...  then at some point, the MbFM and maybe a SwinSID or two and of course the Mb6582. ;D  it is super addicting!  what about you foona?  i've seen you on a few lists...  i may post a few pics of the insides at some point.  i'll let you know.

Well im in progress with the MB64. I allready have a name for it, The "MB Dub Masta".  ;D

I sat up last night just designing it, and it is looking promising.

After the MB64 im building the eDrum device and then ill start om the MBFM.

I also gotta complete the filter and psu for my second spring reverb tank.

The MB6582 also has to be built..but im waiting for the kit for that one  ;)

And iv'e been thinking...iv'e built a stereo 6581....i should really build a stereo 8580 :)

We'll see...i need a new job first! Oh..and don't forget the SwinSID. I already have the DAC's.

All i need now is the AVR's.

oh yeah!

I concure with Smithy.

Way to go Buhler!

My friends love it too.

I also gotta complete the filter and psu for my second spring reverb tank.

We'll see...i need a new job first! Oh..and don't forget the SwinSID. I already have the DAC's.

All i need now is the AVR's.

i'm curious about this spring reverb tank... do you have a link?  i need to get going on the SwinSID as well.  good luck with the Mb64!  thanks again for the kind words!!

Well im in progress with the MB64. I allready have a name for it, The "MB Dub Masta".  ;D

hehe! will it have a Rasta colour scheme?  ;D

Theres only one revelant name i can think of since that post.....

The SlickStation!  :P

We'll have to throw a few more ideas your way, to try to find the appropriate name.

hehe! will it have a Rasta colour scheme?  ;D

Haha  ;D

Am i getting predictable?

The Dub Masta would not be the Dub Masta without an Irie Color Scheme  8)

Theres only one revelant name i can think of since that post.....

The SlickStation!  :P

We'll have to throw a few more ideas your way, to try to find the appropriate name.

Haha  ;D

Am i getting predictable?

The Dub Masta would not be the Dub Masta without an Irie Color Scheme  8)

Actually speaking of dub, im really after getting into it lately.

Have you seen the trailer for the Dub Echoes Documentary?

Its being shown at festivals around the world, but it might be a while before we see a dvd release.

The track in that vid is one of the finest dub tracks ive ever heard!

But the only thing that comes up when i google for that artist is this trailer!

Theres nothing on discogs.com or anything!

Sorry for hijacking the thread buhler, ITS NOT MY FAULT, THE HERB MADE ME DO IT I SWEAR!  ;D

Jah!

Hehehe at the end of that trailer... something about in 20 years when hiphop is long gone... like yeh, it made it 30+ years, but another 20 is asking a bit much. lol yeh whatever... and rock long gone? oh please... Don't think i'll be watching that one!

Jah!

Hehehe at the end of that trailer... something about in 20 years when hiphop is long gone... like yeh, it made it 30+ years, but another 20 is asking a bit much. lol yeh whatever... and rock long gone? oh please... Don't think i'll be watching that one!

haha yeah,

but judging from his last comment....

THE HERB MADE HIM SAY IT TOO!

so, i considered the names "Sidhler" and "SickStation" and even "MbSID((STEREO))" but i just felt that none of them quite captured the essence of the dual SID sound.  until i stumbled upon this while daydreaming:  Stellar Implosion Device mkII.  i felt that suited the dual SID sound a little better as well as satisfied my sci-fi needs.  what do you guys think?

[edit] btw, thanks for the comment TD!! ;D

so, i considered the names "Sidhler" and "SickStation" and even "MbSID((STEREO))" but i just felt that none of them quite captured the essence of the dual SID sound.  until i stumbled upon this while daydreaming:  Stellar Implosion Device mkII.  i felt that suited the dual SID sound a little better as well as satisfied my sci-fi needs.  what do you guys think?

[edit] btw, thanks for the comment TD!! ;D

Its crazy, random and cosmic,

just like the sid chip!

Good choice.

Its crazy, random and cosmic,

just like the sid chip!

Good choice.

YESSSSSSSS!  i think i'll keep it since you and foona and nILS dig it.  i just wanted something "star treky" seeing as i'm obsessed with star trek: tng. ::)

thanks for the affirmation dudes!

i just wanted something "star treky" seeing as i'm obsessed with star trek: tng. ::)

thanks for the affirmation dudes!

Haha :)

Im a Trekkie nerd myself Buhler!

Last week i did a Voyager maraton.

I almost died from malnutricion.

Haha :)

Im a Trekkie nerd myself Buhler!

Last week i did a Voyager maraton.

I almost died from malnutricion.

yeah, i just finished the entire TNG series!  it was almost a month solid!  my wife bought it for me for my birthday a couple months ago...