Wiki boxes are broken

it's a php script;

the extra line is probably a bug (a "\n" too much somewhere), and the misbehaviour of a single quote is a common problem when scripting, because in PHP a single and double quotes both can begin/terminate a string. So I guess one must add a check for a quote and then -if found- add a trailing slash before "\"... that may probably be easy (or not, I haven't looked at the code).

I think, the best way would be to contact the name, 'cause if you're going to hack the boxes-plugin, we all might forget about this sooner or later .... then one year after Twinny is updating something - woosh - and all hacks are gone  :-\

Maybe there's even already an update available that fixes these issues?

Still better a buggy boxes plugin than none  :)

best,

Michael

• 1 month later...

Yes, but the alignment of the images within them is fixed  :D

Twinny is in the midst of performing some upgrades, to fix the bugs I found earlier. I guess this is related to the upgrade, but he's still working on it, so I imagine it'll be all sorted before long.

Looks like the <code> tag (code2 plugin) is broken too. Some pages (nearly all) show nothing where the code should be.

I've found that editing the page and then saving it fixes it. Sometimes you need to make a change, sometimes not (you just hit edit and hit save, and it's fixed). Some pages are completely uneffected. Some, the highlighting is screwey but the text is still there. Weird.

I'll let you know if I find out more, but if you are reading the wiki, and find nothing where it suggests there should be code, hit 'Edit this page' to read the code...

admins: Is there a way that you can get me a list of all the pages with <code> in the source? That way I can fix this up manually... Otherwise I need to manually view the source of every page :( That's not really do-able...

Stryd i recently uninstalled alot of plugins. 80% of them gave page errors in the admin wiki page. I noticed that after doing this i find the server stability a bit increased.

Sorry for not telling this. But i got called away and never looked back to it.

Since the wiki is all text based finding <code> should be no issue if this is added in those text files this way.

However these are ten thousends of files because of the history.

I really need to update the wiki software first to the latest version before you start fixing pages.

The link you send is not good as i had someone build me custom code for the wiki.

I cannot look into it earlier then next week.

My priority was with the backups. These seem to run now but i still have a few tests to make.

Thanks dude! Take your time, as always with me there's no pressure and no rush - we love the site no matter what, just keeping you informed of our discoveries :) I have noticed the recent stability increases, it's great work you're doing.

I'll hold off with the "fixes" until you're done, just shout out when you need anything done, or when you are ready for us to tinker with it :) I think your priorities are in perfect order.

• 2 months later...

Oh, good news I should mention:

dj3nk seems to have accidentally discovered the source of the alignment problems with the boxes! Yay!

He edit a page to make it fit on his screen size... What he did was to reduce the width of the box. Prior to his edit, we had for example two boxes, left and right, each at 48% width. Sometimes this would render ok like this:

_ _

|_| |_|

Sometimes it would render like this:

_

|_| _

|_|

He changed the boxes to 46%, in an attempt to make it fit on his screen, thinking that it was a problem with his screen resolution being smaller than average. Of course, it's a percentage of width of your screen, so resolution does not matter.

What he really did, is make an accidental discovery: the percentage of width handler in the boxes plugin, does not take the border into account, so 50%+50% = 100% of width...... +borders = ~104% width, which forces the right box onto the next line.

46%+46% seems to work perfectly every time :D