Mackie vlz 1204. How to convert internal PSU 110 to 220!?

ganchan

who can help me in this way? i know 110V produce 60Hz, 220V 50Hz. It's hard or i can just replace the internal PSU?

i think that i must replace some resistors too right?

i will take a schematic and post it.

thank you, any info about it's welcome.

i've search on google, i must say, but haven't find nothing interesting about that kind of modifications.

here a photo of it: mackiePSU

You could try replacing only the transformer, thus keeping the secondary voltage (the output voltage of the transformer) the same while changing the primary voltage (input voltage) from 110v to 220V. The net frequency does not matter in this case (and it is not related in any way to the voltage).

BUT: you will be working on HIGH VOLTAGE, this IS DANGEROUS. If you have to ask these questions it might be wise not to do this yourself. Instead, simply get a step-down transformer that transforms 220V to 110V.

Best regards, ilmenator

In case you do decide to go for the safer, bulkier option,

these are the cheapest i could find on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/45W-US-to-UK-Stepdown-Transformer-Voltage-Converter_W0QQitemZ180234715595QQihZ008QQcategoryZ14968QQcmdZViewItem

Should have mine in the next few days, of course cheap may not be what youre looking for either!

actually this is pretty interesting topic, any further/pics of proccess would be invaluable.

i'm having a chance to buy 70% of my gear from US, which often come with internal PSUs. Must admit that buying from US is much cheaper even after paying taxes, shipping and duties, than buying locally.

i'm using stepdown adapters, but it would be much convenient to replace the internal transformer.

i'm having a chance to buy 70% of my gear from US, which often come with internal PSUs.

... which often have internal jumpers to select the voltage (my DigiTech GSP 2101 and the good old Akai S3000 had jumpers). Releasing products with different transformers only counts, when the manufacturer has a high output count.

Greets, Roger

thank you all to take care of my life.

i know it's easy to buy a converter and that it's dangerous work in high voltages.

i'm studying it that way. i never try something without all precautions.

working with 220 it's not like 12V or 5V DIY, absolutely!

but this would be an interesting thing to study, and than to try with more experience later.

at this point i've not understand if, in ex, just replacing the bulb should be work or not.