basic SID confused - how to go on?

jaydee

Hi Guys.

I now have the pic & sid combo working with an external midi (keyboard). I also have one mem bank (512) , lcd (2*16 for now) and a dinx module (all) from smash tv. But the dinx (w encoder) does not do anything. If I pull down SO/SI to ground the menu of my LCD switches (also the sound of the sid), but still no encoder or switches are working. I am also missing the sequencer. I may have the wrong software (just uploaded main / setup 6581) or incomplete or do I have to upload the sequencer software ???

Can someone help me with my dinx and with the next steps?

Thanks

JayDee

meaning?

Meaning: The tags you chose are so ambiguous that they don't really help at all. Hence, stryd_one used the [ x ]-Button and removed them to keep the SNR (signal-to-noise-ratio) as high as possible :-)

Can you assist what tags I should use? None?

Meaning: The tags you chose are so ambiguous that they don't really help at all. Hence, stryd_one used the [ x ]-Button and removed them to keep the SNR (signal-to-noise-ratio) as high as possible :-)

Can you assist what tags I should use? None?

It really depends. Most often, you don't need to tag... but sometimes it's a good idea, where you find a post (yours or someone else's) that has good information (solutions/documentation) that you feel could be linked to other, similar posts - and those posts should have the same tag(s) in them, too.

But, if you "get it wrong", then we'll fix em up eventually anyway :) Don't worry too much about it!