sid v1 in 1541 disk enclosure

pkniffer

yep

1.jpg

it works somehow, miraculous;

2.jpg

it's quite noisy because i made the simple power supply, wanting to make sure the damned thing worked first.

even the bankstick works.

the LCD can't stay where it is, so i'll cut a whole in the top (i have no idea how), and i have to shorten the whole case too, it's way too big.

but how do i affix the pcbs/lcd to the plastic? how to make screwholes? i can't just tape them.. :)

sounds great though !!!

I think JB is meant for metal to metal ...

You should have read the packet! It's like liquid(ish) gaffer tape!

http://jbweld.net/products/jbweld.php

Virtually any combination of iron, steel, copper, aluminum, brass, bronze, pewter, porcelain, ceramic, marble, glass, PVC & ABS, concrete, fiberglass, wood, fabric, paper -- just about any porous and non-porous material.

ok a little update - the disk drive enclosure would have required some serious cutting to get it to the size i needed, so i opted for something a bit more simple:

c64hultquist.jpg

tomorrow i got to the store to get some mounts and some epoxy? or this JB weld business? which?

and to cut the holes for the buttons, a dremel tool is better than a handdrill i suppose?

cheapest place online to get one?

thanks guys !

tomorrow i got to the store to get some mounts and some epoxy? or this JB weld business? which?

If you have a dollar to spare, I'd get some stuff and experiment a bit. I personally love play-doh like epoxy.

and to cut the holes for the buttons, a dremel tool is better than a handdrill i suppose?

For cutting a dremel is definitely better than sth design to drill holes, yes ;) Doesn't even have to be real Dremel. I'm very content with my 9€ clone. The bits suck, but the machine is nice.

cheapest place online to get one?

Google ;D