Behringer Eurorack MX1602 / unknown ICs

SLP

Hi Folks,

I've just bought an old Behringer mx1602 mixer @ ebay.

It was pretty dirty and I needed to clean some faders so I've opened it, and while opening it I've broke off some pins of 3 ICs that were mounted to the casing for heat-sink-reasons.

Unfortunately I haven't found any information about these chips and where to get them, so thought you could help me.

thanks,

matthias

RSCN0511[1]_thumb.jpg

RSCN0511[1].jpg

The Chip on the left seems to be a 1.5A Adj. Positive Regulator, JRC as far as I remember is the old version which tend to have more ripple when it comes to audio equipments.

LM317 should be a better replacement, just need to check pin orientations.

The right chips looks like an ordinary 15V 1A regulator.

I have no idea regarding the one in the middle.

Googling "17815t datasheet" gave me the following result:

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/176137/BCDSEMI/AS7815T-E1.html

I guess this should work on the other two ICs as well ;)

yeah... I should have tried ignoring the 2 lines... I was always looking for *either* 178 *or* 15T  ;D

ok... so here's what we've got :

- a 7915 (any idea what the "A" means?)

- a 7815 (any idea what the "T" means?)

- and some LM317. unfortunately I did not find any datasheet about the pin orientation of my JCB-version, but I think it was the same as the newer versions today.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

thank you very much nils and asaf  :D

Hi SLP..

Just a quick warning.

Those existing chips are isolated tab package.

This means that the chip has a thermal connection to the case, but NOT an electrical one!!

If you can, try to get isolated tab replacements (although I've never seen them before in a regulator).

Otherwise, get the standard package, and some silicon impregnated insulation sets for TO-220...

have fun with your new mixer!

Those existing chips are isolated tab package.

By "existing chips" you mean the original/old ones that were in the mixer when I bought it, right?

Anyway, thank you very much for this information!  :)

I can't imagine what would have happened in case I'd have connected all 3 tabs together  ::)

Did you try to just solder some new "feet" to them?

yes, of course. That was the first thing I've tried, but thi doesn't work when the pins are broken directly at the housing.

It would have been possible if there would be one or two mm of the original pin remaining.

Anyway, thank you very much, guys  :)

- a 7915 (any idea what the "A" means?)

- a 7815 (any idea what the "T" means?)

Also, I'm stretching here, but I think the "A" and "T" relate to voltage tolerance % and/or thermal characteristics.

I can't remember what these values specifically refer to, and in this application it really doesn't matter.