Totally lost

indeep

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The layout is almost completed and i have start on lcd,s.

Since my lcds have a pinout like this dsc04051jx3.th.jpg its possible to attach both lcds like this ? connectionswg2.th.jpg

For me its simpler because i got one cable going directly to core and attach to lcd 1, then from lcd 1 comes more cable that attach to lcd 2 (only E attach directly to core).

This is a good idea right ?

I am using the same idea InDeep, however I am using wire wrap to interconnect the LCD's together and then into a pin block that is soldered to the ribbon cable going to the connector on the Core.....here is a cheesy pic but you get the idea. And of course, I have not connected the second LCD as of yet.

good luck,

gb

3369_LCDinterconnect_jpgeee5e2f1f952f588

the CS line on LCD 1 is hooked normally to the Core with the ribbon cable, the CS on LCD 2 will be connected to.... RC on J10 of the Core? The loose wire, not quite sure what I will do to fasten it down.. but that shouldn't be rocket science. (who/m/ever invented hot glue should get the Nobel Prize!)

that's my story and I'm sticking with it :)

Swithes again.

Well im starting to think that this one its not a good option cf11_2.JPG because its "on off" "off on" this means that if i need to do some quickly it requires double time .

So i have turn to another product_9651.jpg, but the specs "Rating: 12VDC 50mA

Operating Temperature: -50 ~ 70 degrees C

Contact Resistance: 100mOhm Max.

Insulation Resistance: 100MOhm min at 100VDC

Withstand Voltage: 250VAC for 1 minute

Contact Arrangement: SPST

Momentary Action

LED Power Supply: 3.5-4V DC @ 25mA" says 12 vdc.since core supports only 9 vdc i supose this option its out of the way too.

I have saw this one too S1007915677.jpgand since it haves a non lock option seems nice for the layout too.

But this its getting on my nerves since it as so much switches, i have saw at least 30 switches and i cant decide which one.

I buid 300 from this (but with the standart cover....not sooooobig) I have them in others projects too.... they are sooooo cooooooooooooool! (mechanical)

But maybe others would be better for the workflow...(just a little promille....) Others which Cover is at all illuminatet..... so you have a User interface,which is mor clear---you see a light- you push it- the sound comes....and with the black buttons you have a small red light, and if you press it, nothing happens  ;D "oh I must push a little bit under...." but that is all relativ after a time.... so take the black ones... they are good!

indeep: those switches are momentary, not  on - off... with the on - off  push feeling though

As I said earlier, I've used those exact same switches from the same ebay seller.. for my sequencer.. they are good... real nice feel..

the other ones (round ones) would be too small for my fat fingers.

Regards

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hi

im back from holidays and i have received some more components, but the push buttons that i was going to purchase are unfortunately out of stock, so i have decided buy this ones

(which are in stock and ready for order)

http://pt.farnell.com/146203/electrical-circuit-protection/product.us0?sku=fujitsu-fes311161

but i have a question, in the datasheet it says "spno momentary" are this good for the seq v3 ?

Hi

im back from holidays and i have received some more components, but the push buttons that i was going to purchase are unfortunately out of stock, so i have decided buy this ones

(which are in stock and ready for order)

http://pt.farnell.com/146203/electrical-circuit-protection/product.us0?sku=fujitsu-fes311161

but i have a question, in the datasheet it says "spno momentary" are this good for the seq v3 ?

That should mean "Single Pole, Normally open + Momentary action" which is fine..

Expensive for those tact switches tho... (Farnell is pretty pricey generally) you should be able to find similar ones for about 15c each..

just search for "Tact Switch" or "Tact button"

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4-Sequential-Circuits-Momentary-Tact-Led-Switches-PB86_W0QQitemZ300259091805QQihZ020QQcategoryZ58166QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ask them for more, they are good like that.

Regards

Mike

• 1 month later...

oki

Hi feelers im just starting to begin soldering the buttons when i noticed that - Group Select 1/2/3/4

- Trigger Layer A/B/C ,- Step View 1-16/17-32 is featuring in my design but not on the pin assigns on Din.

After a small reading i came to the conclusion that i need to edit the .asm file (dont really know whats that..)and then burn the pic again :(.

I dont have a pic burner and i dont really dont know what to do.

Should i loose the configuration that i made and go with the default one?

I dont really know nothing about code even if i got a pic burner i still dont know what to do with one.

Also im pretty shure that my pic comes with the default setup .

After a small reading i came to the conclusion that i need to edit the .asm file (dont really know whats that..)and then burn the pic again :(.

I dont have a pic burner and i dont really dont know what to do.

You don't need a pic burner for what you want to do, so don't stress over that.

Just search around for how to update the asm files.. it's out there & I found it..

If you are lazy, you could leave these buttons out, as they are not essential.. (Handy tho)

Regards

Mike

im really not lazy.... ;)

So i have found that you can burn via sysex (midi) using miostudio, i have found also the source code and asm files that i need, know i need to assign manually the available ports to din pin.

Can someone guide me trough this process i dont know nothing about code and i dont understand how to update this asm files.

Whats the saying?

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day..

Teach a man to fish and he will be fed for the rest of his life..

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=application_development

Even tho it's a bit of a head f#$k, read it all...

I'm pretty crap at DOS etc, but i managed to find my way around and enable the J5 outputs etc for the 8 trigger outs..

Regards

Mike

No need to get rude with me...if my words were offensive to you i apologize.

1 im on a mac ppc system so Dos doesnt mean nothing to me

2 i have read all the info before and have installed the applications i need gputils and sdcc for my system also i have installed xcode and start to using it to open the asm files.

3 since i dont know nothing about coding, i even find in the setup_seq.asm the lines i need to change.

4 what i dont know its how and what i should do with them.(i know that i need to compile the source and then make an .hex file, but i cant seem to find how this is done,i have read a lot in this past hours and since i dont understand 70% of what i read i think even then i came pretty far.

5 i dont like the way you are talking to me "futureman" and i really feeling offended by your words, because im new at this stuff and its the first time in my life that i look into something so strange that is codding.

6 im willing to learn and to pass information "if i can to others"

I don't think he was rude indeep.

If anything, it sounded like FutureMan was encouraging you and supporting that you would be able to figure it out, and supplying a link and an old proverb.  He was being nice.

Maybe language barrier is playing it's part here. Either that, or you're a very sensitive person. ;)

1) DOS was just part of an example that Futureman gave to demonstrate his lack of programming skills. He was saying "I'm just like you"

2) I think Xcode is intended for the 'C' language, not PIC ASM. It doesn't really matter, you will compile with 'make' from a console anyway. The document you have been shown already explains how to configure xcode to use make. This may work.

3) This is where you will begin your learning about programming

4) You are on the right path. Keep reading. You will need to read for weeks, not hours. Be sure to read the documentation (README file), ucapps.de, wiki, and especially, search the forum. Then do it again. Your learning time will be longer than most becau not only do you need to learn some programming basics, but also there is very little documentation on using MacOS for midibox :(

5) I'm quite sure you have misunderstood.

6) If you write down the things you need to know, and then name or edit a wiki page, it would be greatly appreciated. As you can tell, there is not a lot of documetation for newbies on macos. But documentation is DIY too - it's all written by midiboxers like you and I :)

The information is out there though. You will just have to read a lot to put it all together. I have used a few technical terms in this post, but if you google them you can find all you need to know :)

Hello and thanks for your kind help.

I tough this was a community to help people who wants to build there own machines, not experts, but regular people with no hardware and programing skills .

From what i can see you guys are all experts and im the one regular here.

In a forum i think in my opinion the basic function its to share information and not hide behind some misinformation only because you spent hours finding that same information.

"if the guy who invented the wheel didn't share its info on how its done, we would all be carrying rocks by hand"

Dont judge me wrong because im a very persistent person in finding solutions for my problems, so im just sad that people here prefer to keep the knowledge to themselves.

"Life on its own presents us with many problems, no one needs for others to present us with some more just to feel superior"

All i want to do, its  "Edit the ASM for all the Optional additional buttons on seq v3"

Im sure that someone somewhere do this already, i dont intent to pursue a carrier out of coding, and all im asking its a simple help