PIC Burner Software

monokinetic

Hi,

I am trying to reflash the PIC 16F88 for my IIC module and I have come across a slightly strange problem using any of the software from www.sprut.de. When I try to load the project.hex found in the mbhp_iic_midi_v1_0c.zip file from ucapps.de I get the error as seen in the attached screen shot. A quick internet translation makes me think that there could be something wrong with the IIC hex file.

I can open up various other .hex files (from ucapps and others as well) with no problems. I have tested three computers now and always the same error. I also tried a few of the applications from the www.sprut.de site (pbrenner37u, pbng44 and even the P18) and none of them like this .hex file. Maybe I am missing something because my German is very bad!

Could someone else please try the IIC project.hex firmware file and see if they can just open it?

Thanks in advance

David Moss

3614_p18_no_hex_png13548db94da8c75f33843

Well today I tried to recompile the IIC .Hex file and low and behold it loads into the P44NG software fine!

I knew it was a good idea to set up the MIOS development platform :-)

IMO there's a problem with the .Hex in the download from ucapps because the original downloaded file is 4k and my recompiled version is 3.9K.

Anyway I hope this helps anyone else who runs into the same problem.

@TK and the other gurus: is it worth double checking this and if I am right about the current file being weird uploading a working version of the IIC .Hex file to ucapps?

Dave

Hi Dave!

It was perfect timing for me to test this so I did....

The 'project.hex' file from ucapps.de is working fine, I just programmed and tested a 16F88 loaded for IIc, with a fresh copy of the zip that I just downloaded.

I don't know what burner you are using, but if JDM or one of the many other that PICPGM supports you should definitely give it a try.  http://www.members.aon.at/electronics/pic/picpgm/index.html

It seems much less like a maze/puzzle then the other burnware you mentioned.  ;D

Back to the kit mill with me!

Best regards

SmashTV

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Smash,

Thanks for taking the time to reply and to try if the hex file is weird etc. I forgot to mention in my original post  that I am using the MB Pic Burner hardware. I have burnt the MIOS bootloader and the IIC midi.hex previously into quite a few PICs with my hardware and the pbrenner software. It seems strange to me that just this latest version of the IIC.hex is not working. Anyway, I checked out the software you mentioned but in the list of hardware I'm not sure which programmer to choose if I'm using the MB PIC burner. Anyone know?

Also, is there anyone else out there with a similar setup who could confirm burning this IIC MIDI .hex file is not just a problem for me?

Dave mK

• 7 months later...

yepp got this error also ...dunno how to recompile the projects... "make" will not work like it does on my other mbhp stuff, i´m no programmer... :(

how did u recompile it? igot only an makefile, project.hex and a project.lkr ...no asm ...hmm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi there,

I have the same problem using PBrennerNG44 and the MB Pic Burner Module. I tried rebuilding the IIC firmware, but I still get the error "Fehler bei der Bereichsprüfung.". It works well with other files.

PICPgm doesn't recognize the burner, is there any other software I could try? Or could someone send me a working hex file of the firmware?

cheers,

Seb

• 5 months later...

For burning PIC 16f88 with MIOS IIC, v1.0b, using the uCApps PIC Burner, I had to use pbrenner26, not the 26U version

the .hex is not recognized by earlier version of pbrenner, so use that :

http://www.sprut.de/electronic/soft/pbrenner26.zip

the problem is known and described as pbrenner can't read the Unix code writing