A quick 6582 question..

Futureman

I've been playing with my MB-6582 for a few hours now, and have got a question..

In Poly mode, with the filter on a Lowpass or a combination that involved Lowpass, the output is rather distorted if a chord is held down, ie it seems like the filter is distorting (Try Preset 016)

This distortion goes away when the filter is bypassed.

I'm not complaining, I actually like it,  just wondering is this normal with a 6582 SID? (I guess so, as all 4 of mine seem to do just the same)

I guess the above also is the reason why many of the lead patches sound so damn dirty -> distortion of the filter.

Regards

Mike

Isn't this just an age old symptom of playing muliple keys IE a chord ?

I mean you are in effect playing multiple signals at the same level so the overall level is raised

I could well be wrong but i have found this to be the case with many analogue poly synths where as a lot of the digitals i own have some kind of multi key attenuator built in

Please keep in mind i know screw all about electronics and could be talking total s**t just going by my previous experience

Cheers