The "everyone screws up" thread

Futureman

If that's enough to make you stupid, I must be stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppid

Not seriously knocking myself... Just had a real fore-head slapping moment and thought i'd dhare it here for your amusement. I've spent many hours trouble shooting to this and was nearly at the point of unsoldering everything and starting again stage by stage!

Had a coupel of small "glitches" on this one. Managed to solder one of the 40 pin IC sockets in with the leg bent over; The only way of gettign it out was to cut it up and desolder a few legs at a time. (my brother used to have a soldering iron with a long flat knife edge balde that would have been perfect for this... Could I find it at the time?.. No). Second one was when I managed to pull one of the pads off my LCD... I thought i'd be needing a replacement but managed to solder a wire on to the trace on the back of the PCB and secured it with gaffer tape... I was quite impressed by this fix but the LCD will be replaced eventually.

I blew up my SH-101 will getting it to control some Curtis Filters I had lying around...

Mental note 27 - "Don't use gear you love in conjunction with untested experiments.."

Me and a mate did end up fixing it eventually, which was nice.

LOL, good thread.

I will be directing a friend of mine here as he was discussing curtis filtes and his SH-101 lastnight, lol

I was putting in the midi kit in my Dr55. So you have to desolder a jumper between the start and stop button. Managed to connect the wires wrong so it kept on firing its first step with no sound whatsoever. So took the kit out and wrongly soldered the jumper back which resulted in no sound. I freaked out thought i fried the memory chip went out and bought a new one (9 euro's). The next morning took a good look at it and saw my mistake. Resoldered the jumper to its correct position and everything worked again. Scared the living daylights out of me.......anybody need a 5501 memory chip? 20 euro's ;)