MB-6582 panels from front panel express?

chimchim

I had attempted to order my panels from font panel express in the USA and as Wilba had mentioned they refused at first to make the front panel 1.5mm

They were quick to respond the day after ordering informing me that they could NOT make the panels.  A week later (after I and Wilba have both emailed) I have not heard a thing.

Just curious has anyone else been able to successfully order their panels at front panel express?

I had the same thing from Schaeffer in Germany (the same company, apparently). I emailed them back and said something along the lines of 'can you give it a go, anyway', and mentioning that I knew of several people who'd had their identical panels produced successfully in 1.5mm aluminium. The guy said he'd give it a go, but without guarantees. My panels arrived after a couple of weeks, and looks great.

a|x

FWIW I too had the same issue, though I said 2mm would be fine, figuring that if it didn't work I could knock .5mm off the back later.

I have yet to glue up the panels, but I can confirm that as of right now (with all the 10mm standoffs in placeon the PCD) all tact switches have a good feel, and though I can only get a thread and a half, the nuts will also fit on the encoders (washer included) with the panels at 2mm thickness.

Good luck!

Suddenly I've received an "order confirmation" from Front Panel express.  I can only assume they are going to go with the 1.5mm thickness since I and Wilba have emailed them about it. 

The only thing that bothers me is I've received no other communication other than the original email stating they could NOT do it.

Guess I will find out soon enough once they get here....**fingers crossed**

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do they do the screening also?  If not, who is doing the screening for you?  I'm on a waiting list with Doug, but I'm looking to do this sooner rather than later.  I may explore this option.  Has FPE saved the template?  If not, where do I find it on this site?  Thanks.

I haven't ordered mine yet, but I believe they do the screening too.  You can find the template in the wiki:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=wilba_mb_6582_panels

I'm also on Doug's waiting list.  I may go ahead and order from FPE too, since I'm an impatient bastard.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost?  I have been reading about midibox and the enclosure seems like the most expensive part.

That same link above will get you the panel in fpd format.  You can download Front Panel Express (google it) and load up that file and it will tell you how much it costs (I forget the exact procedure, but if you're capable of tying your own shoes you can figure it out.)