MB-6582 CS LEDs- Water Clear Or Tinted

toneburst

What happened to the PIC? you'd be surprised what a fresh MIOS upload /BSL burn can fix :)

I think I broke something while using the testone app to test the output stage of one of the SID slots. I must have connected the wrong pin of the SID socket to the wrong pin with my probes, and instead of getting a tone I now just get noise from that SID slot. I tried re-uploading the testone app, but that doesn't seem to have helped, so I'm guessing it's a hardware thing :(

I tried the core PIC in another socket, with the same result, so it's the PIC, rather than any of the other components....

I don't have the facilities to re-upload the bootstrap loader, unfortunately, so I guess I'll have to order a replacement PIC from SmashTV again.

a|x

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Just put a potentiometer in place where the series resistors for the LEDs are, regulate until the brightness value is right (keep in mind that it still should not be too bright when there are many LEDs). Take the potentiometer out, measure the resistance. Then put resistors with that value in place. That's how I did it. :)

djaudiophile: 3000mcd are way to bright. I'd like to quote Wilba:

Wilba uses and recommends LEDs from Mouser, parts 638-204GD and 638-204ID

Excellent diffused and bright light at low currents.

20000 sold, never a complaint. wink.png

Their brightness is 20mcd which is sufficient.

Edited by kristal=

I wish i read this long ago. I admit my sidbox is fully built with blue leds. I really like it anyway.(shes my baby after all) I suppose i'll go blind soon.(That should have happened long ago, along with growing hair on my palms ;) Maybe i'll have to use polarized sunglasses when operating it, or a welding mask? It looks great in a dark room.

I tried sanding them to make them less bright-It worked a bit. I applied glow in the dark paint to one as a test-It looks yellowish green now --mehh--- less bright tho. I may experiment with other paints later.