Lucky bastard

DenDer

I just want to share this with you guys.....

I have been looking around for a bigger mixer and yesterday there was an add on a Dutch site offering a "defect" D&R Dayner 34-8-4 with FSS (Floating Sub System) for just € 100,-.

So called up a girlfriend and borrowed her car to get this baby. And these tables are big!! Almost 140 cm wide and weighing a ton. At the guys house we had to move this table two stairs down and eventually i paid € 75,- for it because we started talking and he needed an Atari, which i have but don't use anymore.

The table just fitted inside a Seat Ibiza with my nose tagged on the speedo and that for 120 km....pfffffff

But...............

Tday i powered it up hooked up the almighty Pro One and what do ya now it's working.... :D.... aux, subs tha whole shabang.........

I'm so bloody happy :) but one down side i have to sleep in the kitchen nowadays  :(  :P

Hey, nice one. A good big desk is such a handy thing. €75 + Atari is damn good price too. Hope it's reliable for you. Does it have a full meter bridge? I've always wanted one of those. I don't often have headroom issues (apart from the odd analogue filter sweep), but it just looks so dammed impressive to watch your tracks playing back to you.

I'm looking for PC audio interfaces with stacks of I/O, to use in place of a bigger mixer. Ideally, I'd like to have all synth outputs ready to use at any time. I think doing this through a PC interface should make the audio sends a bit more flexible than with a budget mixer.

At least with the GM5 MIDI interface, I can finally control almost everything (just a few non MIDI devices in the bunch), but still would like to not have to replug my audio leads every time I try a different arrangement.

Anyway, well done spotting that one!

Yeah, on every channel you got standard a VU led meter......check photo.....this is not mine but from Chinetti (Orgue Electronique).... i got the same one as him.

I just want to keep everything as analog as possible so no DAW for me....

Really the EQ is impressive on this table as is his transparant character.......okee here and there it has got a creak and some pots need replacing.....but the headquarters of D&R is just 20 km from my home and Duco is very helpfull as is his staff.

4828_Dayner42_jpgac1a6378f1eb7cf2640fb97

4828_Dayner42_jpgac1a6378f1eb7cf2640fb97

Wow! Looks damned impressive. I know what you mean about the sound of the analogue desk. That is an excellent buy, for what you paid.

I know!!! I'm happy as a child in a kindergarten  :D  I have been reading up on these tables and most people are very positive about them.....they don't color as much as lets a Neve or SSL....but you can't compare this to one of those......this is a midrange table but is close to highrange......mostly it's the size that people don't want thjese tables and i've seen adds of the same table from 750 - 1000 euro for one with work, and up to 2000 euro for a fully restored one. They are very quiet tables to with low noise and great headroom......

And since its totally modulair build i can design the table any way that i want and if a channel fails it's easy to repair to. Just take out the channel strip it won't effect any of the other channel strips.....

And with this Floating Sub System it's easy to create extra busses and groups......

At the moment i'm cleaning the whole table and this means in DenDer vocabulairy that i'll take out one strip take it apart and clean it all......i don't think this table has ever been cleaned like this in 20 years or so....this table is from 1986.......also be doing some recapping and takes notes on what has to be substituted in the future......

maybe even thinking about upgrading it's opamps......maybe.

Whieeeeeeee    post 303 !!!!

Cool Mixer & good Find.. but I have to jump in and say one thing (nothing personal because I'm guessing English is not your first language)..

In English, it's a "Mixing Desk" or "Desk" or "Console" or "Mixer" or "Mixing Console" ... but never "Table".. Thats what you eat off.. ;]

Kind regards

Mike

Cool Mixer & good Find.. but I have to jump in and say one thing (nothing personal because I'm guessing English is not your first language)..

In English, it's a "Mixing Desk" or "Desk" or "Console" or "Mixer" or "Mixing Console" ... but never "Table".. Thats what you eat off.. ;]

Kind regards

Mike

No English isn't my first language and i know that table isn't the right thing to say in English....but here in Holland we do call them tables just like you call your wife honey.....get my drift..... the normal term is indeed mixing console or desk but i just translated the Dutch word for it......and because they are big we call them tables......just don't eat from them....don't even come near with your drinks, food etc.....

But i'll take reservations ;) what 6 people you say that can be arranged in DenDer Acid Diner or as we call it D.A.D.

;)

You got an excellent deal.  I thought I did well, picking up a 24-ch Soundcraft Spirit Studio mixer for $600 USD a couple of years ago, but your deal is amazing.

For summing lines and bussing synths to inputs on my 828 mkII, I am far happier with my beastly console than I could ever be with a multi-input audio interface.  Sometimes it's nice to rock out with the computer off, know what I mean?

If I were you I wouldn't go too crazy upgrading op amps unless there is something about the sound that you don't like.  Re-capping is a good idea though.  Did you know that re-capping can reduce or eliminate the staticy sound of dirty pots and switches?

...For summing lines and bussing synths to inputs on my 828 mkII, I am far happier with my beastly console than I could ever be with a multi-input audio interface.  Sometimes it's nice to rock out with the computer off, know what I mean?...

Yeah, I agree a mixer is the best thing for being a mixer, but the cost is usually pretty high to get lots of inputs. My interest in using a PC interface is really just to save money.