small factor 3 digit 7 segment display above each fader

ssp

is it possible to have above each of the 8 faders in the layout im making to have 3 small form 7 segment led displays that show the position of the fader from 0 to 127 say? as the volume change is basically going to be a data comand of 0-127 then the fader as it moves up can increase the numbers value and lower as pulled back.

just wondering if there is provision for that with the core?

thanks

This is technically doable (worst case: with some extra programming) but why? A range from 0..127 is not that big that you'll have noooo idea where you are on a fader. The fader itself is pretty good visual feedback...

hi nils, reason being that the cc data for the volume goes from 0-127 standard, so thats all i need it to display, i wont need any markings along the metal work to show levels etc , i just thought a nice touch would be the 3 digit display above each fader to show me its current level as per cc. plus its something else to build ;)

i should (hopefully) be having my stuff shipped from smash shortly by the looks of things so i can get on with the midimon/mtc project in the meantime and then get my core and mf kits from him next and go on building this one until it all arrives then get on with that, by then i would hopfully have all the info i need to arm myself so to speak with building the control surface i want to.

i need things to keep me occupied nils, it gets a little too boring here everyday not doing much. besides you gotta humour an old guy, its not often this head of mine works like this!!

No worries, man, that's why I reminded you ;)

No, you won't need a dedicated core for this. What you might wanna do to ease the implementation is go with 2 Binary->BCD converters (74HC42) or the likes to drive two of the 7-segment LEDs (the third one will only need 2 lines as it's only displaying a "1" or nothing") to reduce the number of DOUT pins to 4 per display.

This might be of interest:

http://www.doctronics.co.uk/4511.htm