OFF Topic power supply help sorry

Austin73

Hi its a little off topic but just wondered if anybody had any ideas where I can get a power supply that is 230v in 17VAC CT output 750mA on a 5 pin din plug. Its for an old midi mitigator controller. I have contacted Condor the makers of the original but as yet I have had no response.

If anybody knows where I can find a couple I would be VERY grateful indeed.

Cheers Aus

P.S Sorry Stryd

P.S Sorry Stryd

Look what you've done S1, you've got people running scared even before you say anything.. lol.

As for the power supply, your best is to build one.. assuming you are up for it.

My Sequential TOM drum machine needed a very similar power supply, I think it was 15VAC CT on a 5 or 7 Pin DIN plug..

Do you know what (3) pins the power and ground are connected to? If not, you can probably open the thing up, and see.. one should be connected to a common (Probably ground, but not always...) and the other two will probably go to rectifiers + Caps and then regulators.. It doesn't matter which one of the other two get the AC, because.. it's AC.

You'll have to source the transformer yourself.. don't worry toooo much acout the 750mA, just anything that is 750mA or higher.

You'll need a box for it.. (Obviously..) AND you will need to feel confident working with Mains electricity... DANGER DANGER! If not, get someone who is, or don't do it.

I made my TOM's power supply look like "A snake that ate a brick" style, if you get what I mean.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Mike

I don't know what neighborhood you're in, but try googling "STANCOR P8508"

It's 20VCT @ 1A, but that should work fine. It'll also allow 110 or 220 hookup.

As Futureman pointed out:

Due caution with mains voltage

Primary should be fused, and possibly a power switch?

Assembly should be enclosed, to prevent unexpected shocks.

If the output is a 5 pin DIN, you should mark it to make sure it doesn't get connected to a MIDI port somewhere. That's an unfortunate choice for a MIDI device.

LyleHaze

Look what you've done S1, you've got people running scared even before you say anything.. lol.

Yeh, what the hell? It's not fair to treat me like I'm some asshole who tears people up for no reason.

Political correctness has gone *way* out of control, when you can't be honest with people (even if it causes them discomfort) without being treated like you'll go nuts for no reason. Are we trying to build a planet full of passive-aggressive fools who are so busy trying to keep the peace that they fear telling someone their ass is on fire?

Seriously, if you are respectful to all, and you can hear cold hard facts without shooting the messenger, you have nothing to worry about from me. People who have beef with me or my methods, invariably lack one or both of these qualities.

Aside from that mistreatment, there's only one thing wrong with this post: that it should be in miscellaneous because it's off topic. So I'll move it... big deal!