Sync Behavior Midibox Seq 3.4e

Schrittmacher

I have a Problem with Live and My Seq!

When the BOx is in Slave Modus and i Start Ableton Live everything is fine. The Box is running and perfect in sync! When i push the stop button on the box and start again the box is not in sync and coming back into the sync. What´s going wrong? Is it an Bug ? Problem with Live? When i stop Live and start again then it works again!

Anybody here the same problem?

Marco

MIDI Sync consists of basically two signal types:

1) a constantly repeated clock signal that tells the slave how fast it should run - this makes your Seq run at the same tempo as Live

2) control signals in the form of start/stop/pause - especially the start signal ensure that the Seq runs on the same beat as Live.

As you spotted already, you have to stop/start Live to get the MBSeq back in sync, because only by that you send a new MIDI start signal to the MBSeq.

TK thankfully implemented a "MIDI Sync" feature i proposed some time ago.

This sends a Start signal from the MBSeq. That way you can sync Live (or another external sequencer or groovebox) that you stopped while the MBSeq kept running.

It doesn't work the other way around 'cos Live doesn't have such a cool sync feature.

That's why i use my SEq as master and Live as slave.

see also my video posted here: http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,12881.0.html