Play SID tunes on MB6582

dreamer

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is a way to play SID tunes over midi on the MB6582. I would love to hear those tunes again. Before the stereo sid the old SID project was able to do this with a buggy program, but it worked. I was just wondering if the same is possible with the stereo SID?

Grtz

• 11 months later...

I've only now spotted that an updated version of ASID XP came out in December 2009.

Current version is now 1.02.

http://www.elektron.se/products/sidstation

One sid in paticular that was problematic on the older version was track 3 of Target Renegade.sid.

It now plays fine with no issues, but still no perfect last ninja 2 playback. :(

It should now have better compatibility with certain sid files at least. :)

Edited by Smithy

Too bad that asid xp is still very buggy. But also there is nothing out that does the same like asid xp.

Not quite true. If you poke around the forum a bit you'll find a thread called "Another way to play .sid tunes" (or sth similar). IIRC there's some info on another tool/way of playing sid files :)

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a way to use my old v1.72 SIDbox to play SID files without uploading the software again and again every time I want to listen to SIDs :(.

It would be great to see an option when starting the SIDbox where one can select the SIDplayer or the MIDI SIDbox software.

Can this be done or are there any restrictions in design that make it impossible to implement such an option?

Can this be done or are there any restrictions in design that make it impossible to implement such an option?

There isn't enough free memory in the PIC18F452 to add the code for the SID player.

This was one of the reasons why I started with V2 on a new PIC

Here the update instructions:

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid_manual_up.html

Best Regards, Thorsten.