trouble uploading patches

Labelwhore

So last night I finished building my sammichSID. I used midi ox to upload the patches but after uplaoding, every other patch is empty. I have a feeling that there is a setting in midi ox I have to change, but the help file in midi ox isn't helping me much. Has anyone else seen this before? and if so, how did you fix it?

I did read that I had to enable a delay after the F7 command, but I can't seem to find a setting like that in midi ox.

No screenie, but I can tell you that it's the buffer settings window accessed via the sysex panel's menu rather than the buffer settings that can be accessed via the options menu.

I enabled the delay after F7 and set the delay up to 1000 and set the chunk size to 60 (which was overkill but worked)

Edited by Labelwhore

• 1 month later...

Ok it's in that's file : http://ucapps.de/mios/midibox_sid_v2_0_rc34.zip

Thanks !!

Open Midi-Ox

View->SysEx

SysEx->Configure...

Change both sizes from 256 to 60

Change delay after F7 to 1000

Save

File->Send SysEx File...

Select the .syx preset file included with the midibox sid .hex file in the presets sub directory.

Well that would do it, from everything I have found, the file sends and all, but I don't see these presets anywhere so I don't really know why it's not working.

Why are people using MIDI OX instead of the patch editor?

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid_manual_ed.html

The patch editor crashed on my mac and couldn't find my midibox on Windows, I had way less problems with MIDI OX and it actually worked when I used the SysExBox thing.

For PatchTurkey or whatever nils made, I couldn't figure out how to actually get it to upload things.