Black on White LCD

highrider

Hi dudes!

I may have not been posting, but I read a good part of the forum, in particular threads regarding the midibox sid.

Couple of days ago i received my base pcb w/parts and cs psb for the *no praise is good enough* MB-6582. Soldering nice and steady ,it's looking good but I'm struggling to find the right display. See, i have plans to paint the pt-10 case white and I wanted to have the lcd to match. All i found so far are green on black, yellow on black but no white. I came to the conclusion that white characters are somehow technically difficult project on a black lcd, but that's silly, right? Or perhaps there is an invert option on this oneMy link http://www.crystalfontz.com/product/CFA634-TFB-KS

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hope you're all doing great!

V!

Hi dudes!

I may have not been posting, but I read a good part of the forum, in particular threads regarding the midibox sid.

Couple of days ago i received my base pcb w/parts and cs psb for the *no praise is good enough* MB-6582. Soldering nice and steady ,it's looking good but I'm struggling to find the right display. See, i have plans to paint the pt-10 case white and I wanted to have the lcd to match. All i found so far are green on black, yellow on black but no white. I came to the conclusion that white characters are somehow technically difficult project on a black lcd, but that's silly, right? Or perhaps there is an invert option on this oneMy link http://www.crystalfo...t/CFA634-TFB-KS

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hope you're all doing great!

V!

Well, I found a white on Black at SparkFun

It's a start, anyway.

Have Fun,

LyleHaze

I have this one:

http://www.optrex.com/products/partdetail.asp?PartNumber=C-51847NFQJ-LW-AAN

It's a very nice display.

Bought it from Mouser:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Optrex/C-51847NFQJ-LW-AAN/?qs=B%252bqVsPVDGkrqJZj0DOTQBg==

If you want to use this display, as per Wilbas advice, you have to swap R4 for about 80K, because this display needs less current then standard LCDs.

An Important note:

The displays we have shown you are all parallel interface, which is what the MidiBox is designed to drive easily.

The core you showed us is a serial interface, which is NOT the "native" type supported by MIOS.

Just something to be aware of as you shop around.

LyleHaze

Edited by lylehaze

Ok, so I've nailed down this one called Batron .

LCD MODULE, ALPHANUMERIC, 20X4

No. of Digits / Alpha:80

Illumination Colour:White

Character Size:4.69mm

Supply Voltage:4.6V

Display Area Width:76mm

Display Area Height:25.2mm

Operating Temperature Range:0°C to +50°C

SVHC:No SVHC

External Depth:14mm

External Length / Height:60mm

External Width:98mm

Background Colour:Black

Character Width:2.9mm

Connector Type:T, 1 x 16

Display Technology:LCD

Font Colour:White

No. of Columns:20

No. of Rows:4

Supply Voltage DC:5V dc

It's in the Uk so I will save on postage. Can somebody please confirm if this one has a serial interface or not?

I can't find it saying that anywhere in the description or datasheet.

Thanks!

31779.pdf

It has 8 data lines, which is a kind of a giveaway ;) It's parallel, all good.

I took the liberty of deleting your double post and fixing the font-tags.

Thanks, I'm glad you did! I should rename the topic ...I was looking for a white on black display after all.

Please bare with me, I'm learning fast. The only DIY project I have completed before this one was the mGB Arduino and that was a snap compared to this stuff.

Still the wiki and forum make it really straightforward..

Oh the ramblings...