Buying a new MIDI Interface??

Stigmata

Hi

I had a 8x8 midisport in one of the studios at work which gave us endless problems. This was about 2 years ago so things could have improved since then. If I remeber correctly It seemed to be a driver issue (we use Macs at work). We got rid of the midisport and replaced it with a unitor8 with no problems. I also use an emagic MT4 (4in 4out) with on problems.

While i'm talking about midi interfaces. I've got two midi interfaces for the Atari (Midiex 2in 4out, and a soundpool one 4out) which need a good home. Any Atari users out there?

Thats my two cents.

Rowan

OK, lets make it real simple.

Avoid USB. It's buggy.

Avoid Macintosh-related vendors (EMagic, Steinberg, MOTU). They make buggy drivers for PC's.

Avoid smaller vendors that don't have enough resources to support such a complex device. See above.

Once you do this you'll find out that you don't really have many options... If any at all... Have fun :(

I work with the Midisport 4x4 for 1 1/2 years now and encountered not any problems. I`m running under WIN2000.

I`m absolutely satisfied with that device, I never experienced any bugs...

Though I heard about problems with the Midisport under WinXP.