Start at beginning of sequence

Synthy

Could you please rephrase the question. I don't quite understand.

Are you trying to have a unmuted track mute when you change to the next pattern (or vice versa)? i.e from pattern A1 unmuted to pattern A2 muted (or vice versa)?

Or are you trying to resync a track? I remember there was a "secret" function that would resend/receive a clock signal for using the mbseqv4 with other sequencers but I can't remember where that info is located. I think a video was posted on how to do it. It was a simple two button press combo.

I myself wish I had a couple extra hands to do all the real time stuff the seqv4 can do. I need to look into connecting expression pedals. I know the BLM will also help too :)

I will try to rephrase my question. I will give you an example. When i have all tracks muted, i unmute the bassdrum. The next track i unmute the hihat. I would like , when i unmute it in the middle of the sequence (f.i. at step 8) the hihat not directly to sound, but at the beginning at step 1. I hope this explaines enough.

@Echopraxia: think of Ableton Live clip launching quantisation. The other thing you mentioned is "External Restart" on MBSeqV4.

From a technical point of view, I think is possible, as it is already implemented for the Pattern Change (see Options page):

Sync. (Pattern) Change: if active, a pattern change made in the PATTERN or SONG page (Phrase mode) won't take place immediately, but will be synchronized to the pattern length of Y steps as defined at the left side of this item.

From a handling point of view, you need to somehow set if you want to use immediaty mutes or "quantized" mutes/unmutes.

Maybe a Shift-Mute function? Is Menu+Mute already occupied ?

• 11 months later...

Hi,

sorry for raising a zombie thread, but I would go +1 on this feature request - just played with the seq, as usual, without pattern switching, only with 16 tracks and came to the conclusion, that this feature would really, really help a lot.

Four "mute handling" modes are thinkable:

a) instant mute/instant unmute (default handling, like now) [iMIU]

b) instant mute/delayed unmute [iMDU]

c) delayed mute/instant unmute [DMIU]

d) delayed mute/delayed unmute [DMDU]

The setting might find a place in the track mode screen left of ForceScale (which would need to be shortened to "Scale" or "FScle" ) and could be named "Mute" with the four abbreviations from above.

As a bonus on top, in the mute screen, when a delayed mute or unmute is taking place, the corresponding track led could blink and the display could countdown the steps until the mute/unmute takes place, e.g. U101 would mean, still 101 steps until this track is being unmuted (idea taken from abletons "watches").

TK., if you would give that feature a general go and have time restrictions, I would try to do it (but no guarantees) - also, I don´t know where to take the 2 bits for the mute handling state from track memory (but haven´t looked in the codez yet :)).

Best regards and have a great weekend!

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye