SwinSID & MB6582

davidbelmont

Greetings!

As the title might suggest, I'm planning to build Wilba's MB6582 design of the MIDIbox SID and I intend to replace the original SID chip with the SwinSID board. There are some questions orbiting my head about this concept. The first and biggest one is: will the SwinSID board fit inside this design? The MB6582 looks so robust that I have my doubts if I can cram extra stuff inside. I need to know also if there are some things I need to keep in mind when building the SwinSID board for MBSID. Also I have some questions about the building process of the SwinSID; can anyone recommend me an European site where from I can order a PCB for the SwinSID (I am assuming there are small business' which offer manuafacturing services for single PCBs for private users) and where from should I order a programming device for flashing the PLCC44 chips (I could also try building one myself if anyone has to offer DIY-links)?

Thanks in advance and thank you all for this great community which seems to have alot to offer for!

hi!

there are some long threads on that topic here on the forums where you can find a lot of info. there has been work on pcb layouts but if i remember right there is no final design.

you can do your own on perfboard or design one that fits your needs and have it produced.

there's one service i know that can produce your proto for you, PCB Mike who runs the german midibox store:

http://www.mikes-elektronikseite.de/