Rebooting MIOS ???

commodoreeightyfour

Tweaking the contrast pot won't help initialize the display, phunk ;)

The display gets power, but hasn't been initialized by the PIC. This can have various reasons:

1) wiring is wrong

2) PIC doesn't have MIOS (and an application) on it

3) 1) and 2)

ROFL! Yeah it´s just a few steps troubleshooting that

Anyway tweaking the contrast pot could solve the problem after the number 3 :-)

after that, a good point is about uploading the LCD interconnection test application to check if everything is ok on the cable/soldering job between the core and the LCD

My pic shipped with the bootloader installed, I thought it was supposed to say "ready"

are you saying I can upload from MIOS studio even if there's no "ready" displaying?

What MIOS version and what mbSID app version did you upload to what pic (exact file names and pic version please)?

Also, please don't edit your original posts. It may help others who find the topic later on.

"...and all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head." - Terry Pratchett

OK, so now I have uploaded mios and I get copyright message and "ready" then I upload MIDIBOX SID v2, but when it's done, the lcd just says "rebooting MIOS" now what?

Missing CAN bus diode and resistor can cause this (not sure if you are building a modular or 6582....it's on the 6582 base board but has to be added for a modular SID)

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid/mbsid_v2_communication.pdf has more info.

Best regards

Tim

When I said don't edit your posts, I meant not to remove the entire problem description from the original post. It's ok and prefered to append your last post if noone's answered yet.

So you can upload any app except for the midiboxSID v2 app? If so, that still sounds like a CAn bus related problem.

a) the sid module should NOT be connected atm

b) upload a different mbSID v2 app (for instance the 6581 hex)

c) take and show a decent picture of your can bus parts