Repainting Sammich panels

Davo

I stopped by the hobby shop to get some paint for infilling the engravings on my new sammichSID kit. I got a Sharpie paint pen and now regret that choice. The result is bubbly, uneven, and in a few cases went outside the lines. It looks terrible. How should I go about redoing this? I imagine that I can sand the surface to take care of the outside-the-lines problems. How about the bubbles? What paint should I have used instead?

Edited by Davo

Hi mate, When I did mine, I just used a small brush and some lacquer. I think I read somewhere you should use acrylic paint.

I used a small hobby knife to scrape paint that went too far off the letters. Try a hobby knife or a needle to scrape the letters clear from paint :)

I cleaned off the paint-pen paint with acetone (very carefully). Ultimately I ended up using Testors gloss white enamel paint. I overfilled the grooves, then sanded the panels down with 800-grit wet-dry sandpaper to get rid of paint outside the grooves. The result looks and feels excellent.