[WTB] Rean Soft touch black knobs w/ blue insert

julienvoirin

Dear Boxers

I am heavily looking for a very specific soft touch knob part : it must fit D Shaft (North oriented) potentiometers

It is manufactured by Re'an under reference P300. It's the blue one on the pic attached below.

Your help in finding a supplier is very welcome ; I need 23 pieces minimum (some extra are always good), ideally 100 pieces.

Best regards

Julien

post-4619-089070000 1297169931_thumb.png

Edited by julienvoirin

mouser have some re'an knobs but not the one you're looking for. they have some in grey.

but they have the datasheet/catalog page:

http://mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/REAN_Page3.pdf

result: the item is P300-S-096-D6-N

search leads to sulzer mixpac (hasn't there been a big bulk order for some re'an knobs with them a few years ago here on midibox?)

http://www.reanknobs.com/index.php?id=cetest_firstpage

you also find them in their product search.

rean distributor for france is neutrik.

neutrik seem to carry just plugs, not the knobs.

i don't understand that.

the picture you have posted is from an ebay seller i have contacted for purchase of 40pcs only the blue knobs in the picture, but serrated shaft. he said he could order some for me if i need more. i also believe they're not soft touch. maybe he can get you some D shaft types also? he needs a few days to answer sometimes, though!

good luck, and please keep us posted if you find a way to order them.

that's the link to the auction on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.de/5...309588800624234

i know i've read a bulk order thread where they were talking about ordering the Re'ans from Sulzer. i don't know if it was the order that had been run by nebula at that time.

but i can look for it later tonight.

i think when they could order directly with Sulzer, that should be possible again, probably depending on quantity.

when the pointer knob and the encoder knob are both produced by them there shouldn't be much difference.

i'll have a look tonight if i can find the thread again, it had pics of the sulzer package and everything...

but at least the factory should be able to name a distributor.

Edited by rosch

that's the link to the auction on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.de/5...309588800624234

i know i've read a bulk order thread where they were talking about ordering the Re'ans from Sulzer. i don't know if it was the order that had been run by nebula at that time.

but i can look for it later tonight.

i think when they could order directly with Sulzer, that should be possible again, probably depending on quantity.

when the pointer knob and the encoder knob are both produced by them there shouldn't be much difference.

i'll have a look tonight if i can find the thread again, it had pics of the sulzer package and everything...

but at least the factory should be able to name a distributor.

Yeah, I took those pictures. The Canadian distributor can get anything from Re'an (subject to factory minimum orders) for shipping to Canadian addresses. So I bought a bunch of P401's for a big bulk order, and I later helped Wilba get a few thousand P401's for sequencers and Sammiches.

The P401's had a 1000 piece minimum, if I recall correctly. Given a complete part number I can get a quote for you, including the minimum quantity, which is most definitely going to be more than you need.

Something to consider: the "F" (flexifit) series is really awesome. The insert allows you to orient the knob in any direction relative to a d-shaft, and will also fit on splined shafts. REALLY nice if you are forced to use mismatched pots and/or encoders in a DIY build. Just sayin'.

Edited by nebula

thnaks guys for your help :thumbsup:

reference of the Re'an : P300-S-096-D6-N

a quote is always good to know

i've found an ebay auction where the guy says it should work for D shaft, obvious designed for rounded :geek: i will try as it costs only 11 euros

I haven't found flexifit ; a picture ?

Edited by julienvoirin

http://www.reanknobs.com/index.php?id=25

I have a sample pack that I got a few years ago with one insert and the 3 sizes of knob cap. They have the same look and feel as the P300 line, but they have that universal fit insert. Brilliant.

Anyway I asked for the price, minimum quantity, and lead time on the part number you provided. I'll let you know, but I expect the price to be outrageous!

Edited by nebula

I last bought 3000pcs Rean P401 knobs direct from Sulzer (2000pcs went to SmashTV for the MB-SEQ kits).

The MOQ is 1000pcs but I was able to get 100pcs of another type in the same order.

So if you're stuck getting exactly what you need, I could run a mini bulk order, get another 1000pcs of P401 and an assortment of other types (min/mult 100pcs).

As a rough estimate of price, here's what I got last time:

100 pcs P675-S-09-D6-S price CHF 26.70 per 100 pcs

P675 is a nice knob too.

med_gallery_3590_6_14944.jpg

I wouldn't request anything less than 100pcs from Sulzer... they're being quite nice dealing with people directly (where there isn't some stupid distributor like Neutrik interfering with sales). If you think other people might want some, I can get 100pcs of each and sell what you don't want.

Can you post pictures of the other two knobs?