Burner: cannot identify pic with p18 and wrong voltage on MCLR#

psyco001

Hi,

after some hours of troubleshooting and corrections on my selfmade pcb i have now a problem with the voltage on MCLR#

I've not much knowledge in electronics but i hope you can help me.

All Parts for the PIC Burner i've got at the local Seegor electronics store but they didn't have BC337-16 so they gave me the BC337-40.

i setted the voltage on J2 to 12.6V and when turning VPP on i get only ~7.7V on MCLR# and i think it is because of the wron BC337.

Hi,

the only difference between BC337-16 and BC337-40 is the DC current gain. As this device is used as a switch the DC current gain should not matter.

Make sure that the transistor is correctly placed on the board, the pin out of the transistor could be different.

Hope that helps.

Tim.

xD yes you was right and the second problem i was now having is that the same was burned through because of that.

now it works as it should, but now i've the problem that p18 couldnt identify the pic18f452 there stays only 18f???

Hi,

Try to use WinpicPgm instead of p18

you can found it here

http://members.aon.at/electronics/pic/picpgm/download.html

from my experience it's unusual that the PIC is dead. it's more likely a PSU issue, especially if the voltage at MCLR# is so low.

try a higher voltage at J1 - e.g. 15 or even 20V - if your PSU can't be set to such a voltage, use two PSUs in serial, or a 9v block battery in serial...

Hope this helps :)

best regards, thorsten