Just Inches from doing the working dance!!!

Hoist1138

So on this new cable I just put together, I made sure the pin 1 is the same orientation on both crimp sides.

here is a close up, also when I tried the new cable, no sound on the test tone app...

I wonder if I overheated and blew the Styroflex capacitor (C1 and C2 on the board) taking them out with the solder braid (i dont have a solder sucker) which i really need to get i think.

post-9498-0-97018600-1314572060_thumb.jp

Edited by Hoist1138

Yes...

A picture of testing setup can be helpful...

Are you powering the 12 volt rail of SID module ?

I see no cable on 12 Volt power in of the SID module in all the pictures you posted.

let me know

Antix

Edited by Antix

Yes...

A picture of testing setup can be helpful...

Are you powering the 12 volt rail of SID module ?

I see no cable on 12 Volt power in of the SID module in all the pictures you posted.

let me know

Antix

wow, I must be a Newb :whistle:

I dont have a 12 volt supply power on j1, i thought that the core would give enough power to the SID through the ribbon in the J2.

I love learning :thumbsup:

So I should get some 12 volt juice to J1....

Can I piggy back a hot wire directly off my 15 volt PSU?

I dont have a 12 volt supply power on j1

That's the reason i asked for a pic ;)

I saw those solderless pads of j1 and thought: maybe he uses some clamps to supply power while testing.

When you connect 15v/gnd to j1, you don't need to take care of polarity btw, because it is rectified afterwards.

Yay, we got mentioned in a Video, we're all famous now! :w00t:

As you supply the core with 15V aswell, its 5V-regulator might get hot, because it has to burn 10V.

It's ok for testing, but later you need a psu that also delivers about 7V aswell ( or 5v regulated).

Now the distance from "the working dance" is very little :yes:

WORKING DANCE WORKING DANCE WORKING DANCE WORKING DANCE :thumbsup: :frantics: :smile: :phone: :laugh: :drool: :w00t: :D

heres the proof, a quick on the spot working dance!!!......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mmV-4U2Yp8&feature=player_embedded

After this was all said and done, I would say I had 3 maybe 4 major issues that kept me from doing the dance sooner....

1) NO POWER RAILS on the sid (kind of a show stopper) tee hee

2) IC 2 was inserted backwards on my original try

3) pin one on the ribbon connectors were not oriented the same for the terminals.

4) uploaded the wrong test tone app to the core modual

Yea!!! it sounds sweet!

I just love that I can actually compose part of my past childhood sounds into my music.

thanks for the help everyone!!

also a quick note, the core regulator does burn off a lot of heat, will this be bad to leave in its current config or will I really want to make sure its 12v for core and 15v for SID.

-Hoist1138

Have a fun !

3) pin one on the ribbon connectors were not oriented the same for the terminals.

later i saw the FC-10 connector inside is symmetrical constructed , sorry for a big trouble.

also a quick note, the core regulator does burn off a lot of heat, will this be bad to leave in its current config or will I really want to make sure its 12v for core and 15v for SID.

for the Core module the better power supply solution is less than 12v : (7,5 to 10) v.

Regards,

Janis

-Hoist1138

Use for the core regulator 7805 a heat sink for ensure him a long life :smile:

Regards

Antix