LCD noise?

fcebreros

+1 if things are fluctiating/different all the times, it could well be the cables or solder connection points.

As both displays are affected, cable length can be the problem, as sparx said... or a bad solder point on the core itself... so pls recheck the core, also... :)

for for additional testing, you can always exchange with a completely different display type from another manufacturer (if you got one) or an other core (if you got one).

Greets,

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye

Thats a good point too and certainly worth trying, but core, SD card and LCD shouldn't pull more than 500mA?

Mine is configured with much more and powered by single USB. That said, as part of an ebay haul, I got another USB cable and that didn't work very well (in the bin, no messing about!), so maybe try another USB cable first? Or try connecting directly to the USB port without the hub?

S

I' have shorten the cable and tried different powersources and nothing.

I have also checked the board with a magnifying glass and resoldered any suspicious joint, and still the same problem.

With the stm core the displays worked.

I have read something about the data speed messing up things. Does the lpc core send the data to de lcd's at a higher speed?

Thanks

Frank