Problem with multi sid v2 seteup

Tron77

Hi,

I recently updated to Sid V.2, but encounter 2 small problems.

1. Cannot upload .hex files with LCD attatched to master core

2. When trying to acces SID2 message appears: Canbus Not Enabled

De soldered D0-D4

put 1K restor on Master

put 2 Diodes on both master and slave

I changed ID's, put both firmware on both Pic's (Mikes).

Does someone have an idea?

Thanks, Youri

Edited by Tron77

I did not mention the PIC change because I thought that would be too obvious, it is the main part of the upgrade isn't it:)

I also uploaded the latest Mios version and the right SID application on both Pic

Everything works fine: New menu, Buttons, Pots, LCD. I only cannot access Sid number 2:(

I also solder the wire between the two core's for the CAN bus to work, only I doesn't

Greetings Youri

I still have no explanation why the hex upload doesn't work when the LCD is attached - this is very strange and needs some further analysis.

A reason for the not working CAN access could be related to the DeviceID.

Each core needs a unique ID, the change_id application helps to set it - was this obvious as well?

If yes: are you able to create some pictures of your setup for additional inspirations? Then just attach them to this thread.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Yes, that too;) (sorry if I sounded arrogant with the "obvious" , I should know to put it as much details as possible for the the best and quickest help)

That was the first thing I did after a got them from Mike. And that worked too, with no problem: after changing the ID of one of the two pic to 1 and press Query the " mios is up and running" message appears, so that is working.

The one with ID=1 act as the slave.

The message I got when I want to upload was the " #11: midi in overrun error" checked this out on the forum and this was most likely to be a transmission problem. Mostly caused by a mix of operating system and Midi-interface. I am using a Midisport 2x2, which was on the black list, but with Mac os. And I am using Linux.

by the way, I did some mistyping;, I said to have disconnected D0-D4, but this should be D0-D3 ofcourse

I will post pictures later

Edited by Tron77

here some pics, they are not that sharp, but this is the best what the Finepix s5700 can do this close by.

My setup is 2xcore (pcb v.3.0), 2 x Sid 8580 (pcb v.3.0) and complete control surface, Power supply as described in Sid v 1.0 (with C64 psu)

Last thing I want to add (for now) is some memory.

But it would be fun first that SID2 is accessible;)

The purple wire is the one for the Ecan.

Greetings and thanks, Youri

post-5962-0-21073700-1325777423_thumb.jp

post-5962-0-57676300-1325777438_thumb.jp

here some pics, they are not that sharp, but this is the best what the Finepix s5700 can do this close by.

Then don't go that close with the camera... :rolleyes: You realize that blurry pictures don't help because one cannot see, right? It's better to have lower resolution than that amount of blur!

OK attempt no. 2:) Hope this is a little better.

Pic.1 Focus more on the left Pcb which is the master with 1K resistor between D3 to +5v and Diode between D2-D3 and the wire for Ecan to slave; attached directly to pin 36 (RB3) op the PIC.

Pic.2 Focus more on the slave with diode between D2-D3 and the wire from the Master core

Greetings, Youri

post-5962-0-40624900-1325849949_thumb.jp

post-5962-0-33024900-1325849968_thumb.jp

Edited by Tron77

Checked for shortcuts, Visually and with a multi meter, many times, because I thought that should be the problem too, but cannot find one. Checked the diodes, but the are fine and in the good direction as well.

@ Torsten, Yes I also had changed the connection on the J11 midi-in, I just even re-solder it, but nothing helps.

again, everything starts up fine, can control everything except SID no.2 is inaccessable, That I cannot upload whith the LCD sceen attached is not the biggest issu for me, although I think the 2 problems must have to do something with eachother.

OK. Tried some things. (don't know if the were very useful, but ok)

1. De-soldered 1K resistor on Master, Start up. Everythings works, except SID 2

2. Put it back and changed the complete Slave Module with another on (Also a version 3, with no 6N138 Optocoupler) Diode and eCan. Same result. No SID 2

3. Reprogramed Both Pic with the SID 8580.hex file. Master ID-00 and Slave ID-01. Result --> Uploaded with no problem AND with the LCD attached to the Master. So I think that also had to do with a Midi interface <-> Opereating system combination

....But still no SID 2:(

I do have to upload the same Setup8580.hex to both Pic's, do I?

Greetings Youri

• 7 years later...

Hi, I am aware that this is a very old topic of myself, but I would like to re-open it as i am still having difficulties with MBnet protocol and Can connections on my SID V.2

After a few years I still wanted to finish this project, even when the cores are far more advanced by now, I just kept it with the PIC18F4685.

So I bought 2 PIC's (thanks again Ilmenator for the burning and quick posting!), changed the ID headers to 2 and 3 as the would act as slaves 3 and 4, uploaded the latest mios and the SID 8580 Hex. file and unfortunately "Canbus errors: and "No response from MBnet" messages Appear on the LCD.

Strangely, when I disconnect the Can connection wire from Core 3 and 4, I can acces and adjust Core 2...

I've spend quite some time examine the boards(all boards are based on Core v.3) for faults or bad soldering and comparing the 2 with the ones that do work but I honestly cannot find a thing.

And I am pretty sure it's not the 3 and 4 PIC's, because placing them in the board of Core 2, I can acces them as. So it must be something in the boards right?

On another thread [  http://midibox.org/forums/topic/11779-mbnet-and-canbus-errors/#comment-104313 ]someone speaks about: R80 (if that is that 1 K res. on board 1 I have that) and Jumpers (the Diodes bridges between the LCD pins 5-6..I have them as well)

I hope someone can point me in the right direction and give me the "golden tip" as I really have now clue anymore atm..

Thanks in Advance and regards, Youri

Edited by Tron77

I actually just found it:)

boards had different Quartz Crystals :S, I suddenly saw the difference when staring at the four boards, as the ones on the 1 & 2 where 3 times the hight of the ones on 3 & 4. But it never came to me as I thought I had ordered all components back then at one go. Problem Solved!!

Only thing is: The Crystals which are now on the boards are 10.240 Mhz cycles. Can that .240 cause any trouble? or is it fine if I use these instead of the 10.000

Regards, Youri

Edited by Tron77