Midibox and 9090 Drum Individual Accent... is there a Way to realise this

jamie

Where can I download the new firmware? Or is it what's on uCAPPS? (It says it hasn't been updated since last year) Or, is it not available yet?

The changes are in the repository: http://svnmios.midibox.org/listing.php?repname=svn.mios&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fsequencers%2Fmidibox_808%2F

They are not released yet, as the setup_seq_dr_default.asm contains some workarounds which are only valid for the first prototype PCB, and which will be removed with the second prototype.

Also the trigger assignments have to be changed.

In order to avoid confusion, I prefer to wait for a release until the second prototype is finished (and working).

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 4 months later...

The "CV via DOUT" option is implemented, and I tested it on a single DOUT -> works!

Now the remaining resistor networks have to be soldered on the PCB + some testing has to be done.

Schematic:

;;

;; CV values can also be output via DOUT shift registers

;; This option is sufficient to control the "velocity" of drum instruments, and it's cheap as well!

;; We expect following connections:

;; 

;;   DOUT      ca. 160k

;;    D7 ---o---/\/\/\---*

;;              ca. 80k  |

;;    D6 ---o---/\/\/\---*

;;              ca. 40k  |

;;    D5 ---o---/\/\/\---*

;;              ca. 20k  |

;;    D4 ---o---/\/\/\---*

;;              ca. 10k  |

;;    D3 ---o---/\/\/\---*

;;              ca. 5k   |

;;    D2 ---o---/\/\/\---*----o CV Out

;;              220 Ohm

;;    D1 ---o---/\/\/\--------o free assignable trigger

;;              220 Ohm

;;    D0 ---o---/\/\/\--------o another free assignable trigger

;; 

;; The DOUTx channels are matching with the AOUT channels as specified in the DEFAULT_TRKINFO table above.

;; Allowed values: 1-16 (selects DOUT shift register) or 0 to disable

;; Ensure that DEFAULT_NUMBER_SR is high enough so that all DOUTs are updated.

#define DEFAULT_CV_DOUT_SR1  4

#define DEFAULT_CV_DOUT_SR2  5

#define DEFAULT_CV_DOUT_SR3  6

#define DEFAULT_CV_DOUT_SR4  7

#define DEFAULT_CV_DOUT_SR5  8

#define DEFAULT_CV_DOUT_SR6  9

#define DEFAULT_CV_DOUT_SR7  10

#define DEFAULT_CV_DOUT_SR8  11

#define DEFAULT_CV_DOUT_SR9  12

#define DEFAULT_CV_DOUT_SR10 13

#define DEFAULT_CV_DOUT_SR11 14

#define DEFAULT_CV_DOUT_SR12 15

#define DEFAULT_CV_DOUT_SR13 16

#define DEFAULT_CV_DOUT_SR14 0

#define DEFAULT_CV_DOUT_SR15 0

#define DEFAULT_CV_DOUT_SR16 0

Note: more than 16 DOUTs are not (and will never be) supported.

3 DOUTs are used for the 16 GP LEDs + 8 status LEDs.

Means: only 13 are really free for velocity outputs... and the PCB has 11 of them!

On the other hand, instruments like Open/Closed HH can simply share the same velocity, as they are (normally) not played concurrently.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

puh, I'm still confused and have some questions to make shure that I get it right.

In case of using a 9090 Board of Trevor i connect the CV Out of a SR to the Vel-In of a 9090 Instrument and i connect the trigger out of the SR to the trigger-In of a 9090 Instrument, right?.

If i want two instruments to use the same CV Out, do I simply connect their Vel-In to the same CV-Out of one SR?

What about the "another free of use trigger out", can I use this pin for other purposes e.g. Status LED.

What about adjusting the velocity of the instruments when I programm a sequence? I simply don't know how to set the values when programming a sequence.

Are incoming midinotes with different velocity values also effecting different CV Out values, too?

Are you going to write some additional manual for the "dr" version?

Puh, a lot of questions :(, but I have to get shure not making a mistake in my first PCB-creation

Best regards

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to wait for this, before i start building. No need to torture myself :wink:

How does the 9090 sound?

Hi Shuriken,

Are you asking to me?

If yes...9090 sounds good, I am very satisfied.

Now , in the rainy evenings , I will solder 808 boards hoping that this PCB will be available soon...

no torture :thumbsup:

Best regards

Antonio

Hi Shuriken,

Are you asking to me?

If yes...9090 sounds good, I am very satisfied.

Now , in the rainy evenings , I will solder 808 boards hoping that this PCB will be available soon...

no torture :thumbsup:

Best regards

Antonio

Yeah, i asked you (should have quoted you :wink:) Oh goody 808 boards, are you using pcb design from http://xlargex.xl.funpic.de/?

Yeah, i asked you (should have quoted you :wink:) Oh goody 808 boards, are you using pcb design from http://xlargex.xl.funpic.de/?

Yes, Microlarge boards that seems well arranged .

I realized them some mounths ago and now have to start to solder.( after finishing the 9090 silkscreen)

I already bought from Smash all the boards necessary for MB808 but the pics in this thread of the compact Core and CS for a complete drum sequencer are too sexy... :drool:

Regards

Antonio

Edited by Antix