mb6582 voltage check

graantjes

It must me easy to confuse left and right side at some stage. Maybe pin 4 in the picture is actually the 5V pin.

Looking at the power connector and observing the pin you have measured to be 5V. Does that pin mate with the pin labled 4 or the pin labled 5 of the socket in the photo? It makes sense that pin 4 (on the right side of the socket) mates with the trace to the right in the image (which is connected to 5V as you see in the photo)

Reference.

http://www.singatron.com/eng_pdf/2DJ-0077PA03.pdf

It is probobly not the same connector, but it has the same pinout and so is proboly more or less identical.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a picture of my PSU connector. It has the four interesting pins only. The numbers are relative to your picture and might be mirrored compared to the image at allpinouts.com. If you compare it with your connector, you should be able to figure out if it is the right pin that measures 5V. It is the one labeled 4 in the photo.

Good luck!

post-5357-0-82602700-1334949288_thumb.jp

Well, sadly enough that pin 4 on my psu measures nothing, it is pin 5 on the other side of pin 2 that measures 5v (I am orienting my connecter the same way as you with the opening on top)

There seems to be many different c64 power supply` s in rotation.

thanks,

best regards, Joeri

Hi,

please keep in mind that there are various versions of the C64 power supply. Some of them have got the 5V on pin 5 and 2 instead of 4 and 2. But this was taken into consideration on the MB6582 PCB, so that all versions of that PSU will work on the MB6582 PCB. I have had a couple of those PSU's and all of them worked on my MB6582.

See also (sorry only in German available :-) ):

http://www.c64-wiki.de/index.php/Netzbuchse

Cheers

orange

Edited by orange_hand