MIdibox does not send upload requests anymore, troublehooting guide finished

Lauchi

Hi,

i have a problem with my midibox.

The Controller worked and i have used it once in Traktor (only with one button to test it). When finished my solferwork by connecting all other buttons, i did not receive any midi message in midistudio. I realized, that i plugged in the DIN module reverse :/ I hope i did not burn anything...

Whatever, troubleshooting did not help a Lot. The LED did not flicker when i made the midi out test, but all the 5v tests for the core tests worked out fine :/

I only left out the Midi In tests, because the troubleshooting guide did not tell me to do so. But as I said, my CoreModule allready worked and i was able to programm it :/

What else can i do? Anybody has an idea what i could have messed up? Burned the Pic?

Simon

• 1 month later...

Hi, it´s me again ;)

I finished the troubleshoot guide without any results. What is more likely broken? Some Parts of the Core-Module or the PIC? Maybe i have messed up he bootloader or whatever. I am about to buy a new Pic to test it, but if the Core Module is more likely to brake, i would try to replace that first...

What do you think?

We need more input for remote diagnosis.

E.g. you are writing that you've used it once for Traktor.

Do you remember which MIOS version was installed? This is important to know, because versions less than v1.9 are not compatible with most tools.

You are also writing that you finished the troubleshooting guide without results.

I don't believe this - you definitely have results.

E.g. if "TEST PC1" fails, than it's clear that you wouldn't be able to connect to the core as well.

Please post the results of all tests. Once they are clear, it's easier for us to decide if the problem is related to the PIC (unlikely), software installation or whatever.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I have Mios 1.9 installed, the latest version. As i allready said, it used to work :/ Right the moment after i plugged in the Buttons, nothing worked anymore.

These are my Testresults:

PC1 : worked

Mid1: worked

Mid2: Cant remember anymore, but i think it worked

Out1: Does not send upload request

Out2: Did not flicker

Core1-9: everything as expected (i´ve checked it, even though it allready worked once...)

Core 10 & 11: No Messages

ok, that is a result, but did not help me a lot... I am not much of a electronic geek :/

Edited by Lauchi

Alright, under the assumption that the MIDI connection has been tested via TEST MIDI2, the voltages are present, etc. it's either related to a bad solder joint around the crystal which clocks the PIC, or the PIC itself.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 4 weeks later...

Well i guess, than it should be the PIC, as the Module allready worked fine :/

I will take a shot look this evening, if i find any bad soldering on the crystal, but i do not think, that that is the problem...

Ok, i made Midi Test 2, and there was no Loop Back. Does that mean, that my Core is damaged? The LED from OUT Test 2 did not flicker, too :/