Tap tempo question

lukas412

So I really like how the tap tempo functions on the sequencer, but for me I always get results that are way way faster than I feel they should be. I have used tap tempo on tons of devices over the years, and I have even compared tap tempo apps on my phone vs the sequencer, tapping to the same song I am trying to match. Does anyone else see this issue or is it just my bad tapping? On Maschine for example I always get what I feel is pretty close.

Thanks,

Luke

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I still experience too fast tempos with the tap tempo function on my seq4l.068. If I tap along a beat, it speeds up! I have both the newest firmware and the new bootloader. Strange, not?

Edit: found it and solved! The seq4L file seq_ui.c function 3SEQ_UI_Button_TapTempo() still had the old code. I checked in file seq_ui_bpm function SEQ_UI_BPM_TapTempo() of the big seq4. The bpm calculation was different, so I put big seq4's version in and Bingo!

// original seq4l version: comes up with too high tempo

// u32 bpm = 60000000 / (accumulated_delay / tap_tempo_beat_ctr);

// new version copied from the large seq4 seq_ui_bpm.c function SEQ_UI_BPM_TapTempo

u32 bpm = 60000000 / (accumulated_delay / TAP_DELAY_STORAGE_SIZE);

Edited by Martijn

• 2 weeks later...