AOUT NG Performance driving VCO with SEQv4

smokestacksproductions

Hello.

I have built Aout NG this weekend. I have noticed that It ocassionally puts out incorrect voltages. For Example, I can play the default pattern (just four quarter notes of C3) and it will actually trigger a different note/voltage randomly sometimes.

This is not just the sequencer, I have the problem when playing live from midi keyboard also, I can kit the same key multiple times and sometimes get a different note...

for more information I am running seqv4 on LPC17 to drive a YUSYNTH VCO 1v/oct. AOUT NG is configured in unipolar.

Under CV options, in the calibration I get 1v to measure 1v, 2v measures 2.33v, 4v = 4v, and 8v = 8v, also MAX = 10.67v

Is the non-linearity around 2v something to be concerned with or is this normal?

What is the reason for random notes?

Edited by smokestacksproductions

Not sure if it is related to your problem. But Yusynth modules expect normal CV outputs between -5 and +5V. However the AOUT_NG (build to spec) will only output between -2,8 and 2,8V. See this

I don't think the YUSYNTH VCO uses bi-polar, A1 is the note that should be played at 0v. I can't imagine why anyone would want to play a note lower than this...

I was speaking in general ofcourse and not specifically about the VCO. Do you manage to get 7 octaves then with only 2,8V?

The 2.8v you are referring to is the limit when AOUT is in Bi-Polar mode correct?

If so, I don't think this applies, I am using Unipolar which goes from 0v to 10.67v for the full tuning range. I have not experimented with bi-polar mode, so I cannot answer your question.

Can you take a look at this project page for the YUSYNTH VCO to confirm that the AOUT should indeed be used in unipolar mode to control pitch CV at the V/oct input?

here: http://yusynth.net/Modular/index_en.html

navigate to VCO

I have built Aout NG this weekend. I have noticed that It ocassionally puts out incorrect voltages. For Example, I can play the default pattern (just four quarter notes of C3) and it will actually trigger a different note/voltage randomly sometimes.

This could be related to an unstable connection (e.g. cable too long?) between MBHP_CORE_LPC17 and MBHP_AOUT_NG module

Best Regards, Thorsten