MIDIbox NG Release + Feedback

TK.

Edit: It seems It´s downard compatible. At least I found a STM32 Folder in the firmware download and was able to upload it to the core. I see this in MIOS

749543396_Screenshot2023-10-17at12_23_28.thumb.png.34b5c5413c89e1844314ee37193bd04a.png

Hey guys,

longt time no see. I hope you´re all doing well!

I still have 2 fully assembled Core STM32F1 here in my drawers and would like to build a successor to my still very well working Midibox64E. 

Midibox NG is not listed under the supported Apps for the STM32F1 but only for the LPC and F4 Cores. Nevertheless it was supported up to version 1.029 according to the NG Changelog on GitHub.

MIDIbox NG V1.029
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

o added USB MIDI workaround for Windows

o if a EVENT_SENDER is part of a radio group, and got a new value, it will only
     send the MIDI event if the new value is matching with the specified range.
     Usage example: cfg/templates/pg300.ngc

o if EVENT_RECEIVER forwarded to EVENT_AIN, EVENT_AINSER or EVENT_BUTTON,
     send also MIDI event.
     Usage example: cfg/templates/pg300.ngc

o support for MBHP_CORE_STM32F4 module

So dumb question:

Can I run the actual version on a STM32F1? If not, how could I get hold of the 1.029 Version and is there any limitations which are a show stopper for a simple Encoder and Fader box type application? No fancy LEDs planned ...

Thank you for the help.

Edited by phunk

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember that I added STM32F1 support on a "good will basis" without continuous testing, therefore it's not officially available (means: you've to try it, and if it doesn't work anymore, roll back to a working version)

Limitations:

• only 24k instead of 64k configuration memory (.NGC file)
  • .NGR files are directly processed from SD Card and not from RAM, which means that such scripts are much slower - however, as long as NGR files are not processed by your use case, or only sporadically used, no real impact on the overall performance
  • only 1 DIO port:
    // STM32F1: J5A+J5B
    // STM32F4: J5A+J5B, J10A, J10B
    // LPC17: J5A+J5B, J10, J28
  • only 6 (instead of 8) direct AIN inputs
  • only 3 UART based MIDI IN/OUT (instead of 4)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

1 hour ago, TK. said:

I remember that I added STM32F1 support on a "good will basis" without continuous testing, therefore it's not officially available (means: you've to try it, and if it doesn't work anymore, roll back to a working version)

Thorsten, thank you. Just one thing ... where could I get the previous versions?