The lighter side of the MB-6582 - audio examples

Blatboy

Just wanted to let you know I'm having a blast with my MB-6582.  Here are some examples of demos for the new cartoon I'm working on.  This particular episode puts the characters on the Purple Planet.  What's a better match for the Purple Planet than some phat SID?

hope u like.

I've been pretty thrilled that the folks at the network actually love "the old video game sounds."  Working for other shows in the past, when I've tried to put some SID or other types of old cheeky electronics (theremin, my old Lowrey organ, the wurli), the producers would tell me to take it out as to not scare the little children, and it wouldn't even make it to the network folks.  (Most my work is in the world of cartoons for pre-schoolers.)  This new situation is awesome, being able to use some of the retro electronics I like to obsess over as part of my job...

The show will start airing in the US in the fall.  I'll put more info out closer to that date...

I've also been using the MB-6582 for outer space themed sound effects.  Fun stuff... (extreme portamento!)