Amiga MIDI interface and software recommendations

freddy

Hello,

anyone can recommend some DYI MIDI interface for Amigas (namely 1200)? Also, some MIDI sequencing software might do as well.

I found some on Aminet, but those are built from US parts, it's hard to find some equivalent in Eurote, so European parts are recommended.

Cheers,

freddy

Steve,

unfortunately it's not mine, but I'm going to get one within a short time. If I get a reasoable MIDI software (both sequencer and MIDI-OX-like), I'll be using it to drive the MIDI stuff.

Regarding sequencing software, I've found Bars&Pipes on some (warez) site, I'll give it a try, but first of all I need a MIDI interface. An Atari ST might be better, since it has MIDI built in.

Regarding MIDI iface, I've found several designs, some with no ICs, some with 1488/1489/CMOS logic, so I have to find out which one is the right one.

Cheers,

freddy

Some friend told me that the Atari is perfect for all MIDI stuff. He even pulled it apart and put it into a more compact case...

He also told me some Sequencing software, but I forgot the name of it. Anyhow, in his opinion, the Atari is perfect...

I will ask him for the name again, if I have some time.

I looked at my interface, but it is to complex to bother (has an integral 8 bit sampler)

but you already have better options anyway, thanks to your midibox pals!

good old D paint!! ;)

I never got much work done on my amiga, the floppy disks always got corrupted, and now none work at all! I found an A500 by the side of the road a few months back, and would really like to play that game "overdrive" again if I ever find another copy!! (just to hear the cheezy soundtrack! I think puff daddy sampled it in that song where he's in that room where everything goes white. but I can't stand puff daddy!)

PS my printer back then took 20mins each page! (Epson LX80 yeah!!)