Sending Note On & Off With EVENT_ENC

Rowan

I'm trying to find a way to send a Note On followed by a Note Off with the EVENT_ENC

I can send the Note On OR Note Off but I can't find a way to send a Note On immediately followed by a Note Off when turning an encoder one click.

I have tried forwarding the event to a sender which is set to send the Note Off message but that isn't working.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Edited by Rowan

Thank TK, that works..... Once. The first time I turn the encoder the Note On followed by Note off are sent but only works once. With every subsequent turn of the encoder nothing happens until I reload the Config file.

I can't help you on this topic. But I'm interested why you need this function. What is the usecase? Could you please explain?
I can't help you on this topic. But I'm interested why you need this function. What is the usecase? Could you please explain?
I want to trigger clips in Ableton Live with a encoder. Ableton will accept CC's to trigger clips but it doesn't work very well as it sometimes requires the encoder to be turned more than one increment/decrement. I have experimented sending CC's with a range= 63:64 but the first time the encoder is moved two increments are needed. The first increment sends a cc value of 63 (clip stop) and the second increment sends a cc value of 64 (clip start). I would prefer if only one increment/decrement was needed to start/stop a clip at all times. Unfortunately the encoders im using don't have integrated switch, if they did I would just use the switch to send a EVENT=BUTTON, type=NoteOn. So I want to do this to overcome a hardware limitation.

I want to trigger clips in Ableton Live with a encoder. Ableton will accept CC's to trigger clips but it doesn't work very well as it sometimes requires the encoder to be turned more than one increment/decrement. 

But this sounds more that you are not using the correct detent-mode. Did you try several?

I've tested the various encoder modes and I'm definitely using the right mode (detented3). So this isn't causing any problems.

TK, is it possible to add a new "type=" parameter? I guess what would solve my problem would be be "type=NoteOnOff" which would send a Note On, Velocity=127 immediately followed by a Note On, Velocity=0.

Edited by Rowan

Ok, I added the new type "NoteOnOff", because there are more use cases (e.g. this btw. obsoletes the ain_mode=NoteOnOff)

Could you please check if this works at your side?

-> http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_ng_v1_033_pre7.zip

This is a critical change, because there are some implications in the firmware that the type index matches with the MIDI event index + 8 (I tried my best to avoid a conflict, but it could be that I forgot a certain case)

Best Regards, Thorsten.