Drum-Trigger-Finger-Pads (beside BLM)

Phatline

since my Steinberg PD is not working in HOST-Mode... i need some other way of sensors for my sequencer...

since i programmed the sequencer in a logical "Matrix" way - it would be finde, if the triggers for the tracks are in a line to the tracks.

would be nice if they are some kind of transparent to indicate drum trigger. but that is no must, the BLM Pads itself are already indicateing 3 Step Velocity (<=45 blue, >45&&<90 green, >90cyan)

BLM-Triger.thumb.jpg.d64b7cc7478e40f2bf5

They must be velocity sensitive - and placed seperately (so i can choose the space between it)

any idea?

i know the Akai MPC replacement parts, but what i see the availables are 4x4s on a singel foil.... --- only to know >  how can they be connected to a MIOS32 Core?.

thx phat

Some complicated code is required to measure velocity based on two contacts.

Too complicated for you!

You could try to try the KEYBOARD function of MBNG, which is also available as a module ($MIOS32_PATH/modules/keyboard), but I'm very sure that it will be too difficult at my side to explain, how to integrate it into another application. If you've luck, there is another volunteer.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I remember a drum pad controller with piezo elements fixed to the back. I think it was 2*8 pads with only 3 disks to get the general area (obviously sampling in tandem with a drum hit).

Could it work with a scaling circuit and a good/good enough ADC? Even 8/16 levels might be enough. Quick google shows MPCs use a kind of force sensing resistor directly on the pads.

force sensing resistor...

He

.https://hackaday.io/project/1601-diy-usb-midi-controller-mpc-style

is talking about a copper Grid like this: (kicad files aviable)

4468811411334561195.jpg

then a Layer ungluable "VELOSTAT"

then the Physical PAD that transport the Force from Finger to Velostat....

The project looks good documented....and i could design the Triggerpads exact the size to fit well next to the BLM...without those expensive MPC PAds.

Edited by Phatline