Save and recall sysex strings

FantomXR

Hey people,

my DAW sends a bunch of sysex strings at once to my midibox. The content of the sysex strings I'd like to display on my OLEDs. 

In my DAW there is a mixer. The DAW sends the values of the faders via sysex. I have one OLED that should show those value. So if I select channel 1 on my midibox it shows the first value, channel 2 the second. This is not working at the moment because the DAW sends those values of all channels at once and if I switch on my midibox from one channel to another I need to again dump the sysex strings to the midibox to receive the correct value. 

So I'd need to somehow save those received values inside the midibox and recall them. 

Any idea?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

you could just define multiple EVENT_RECEIVERs, listening to incoming SysEx, matching on certain bytes which indicate which channel is addressed, and then store the value into ^val

E.g.:

EVENT_RECEIVER id=  1  type=SysEx  stream="0xf0 0x11 0x22 0x33 0x00 ^val"
EVENT_RECEIVER id=  2  type=SysEx  stream="0xf0 0x11 0x22 0x33 0x01 ^val"
EVENT_RECEIVER id=  3  type=SysEx  stream="0xf0 0x11 0x22 0x33 0x02 ^val"
EVENT_RECEIVER id=  4  type=SysEx  stream="0xf0 0x11 0x22 0x33 0x03 ^val"

In a NGR script you can access the received values with (id)RECEIVER:1 ... (id)RECEIVER:4

Which means for your NGR script: if you switch to another channel, just take the corresponding value from the receiver and display it.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks for the reply. I think I've tested this already but for some reason it was not working. But I'll give this a new try early next week and report back!

Edit: I remember. The reason why it wasn't working was I don't receive "values" from the DAW but ASCII / text strings instead. And it seems such strings can't be stored...

Edited by FantomXR

i use presonus studio one, the track names are spat out as asci converted to hex, its in my one thread. I have been meaning to test the code i have written but forgot about it as I was soucing parts and building.

I will give it a try tonight see if i can get it to work on mine.

S1 output per channel

F0 00 01 06 16 12 00 00 00 73 74 72 69 6E 67 73 F7

this hex is an example ascii for the track name "strings": 73 74 72 69 6E 67 73

this changes as you either tab over channels or bank swap as you would expect for more than 8 channels.

thread start from here: http://midibox.org/forums/topic/21235-understanding-the-ngc-code/?page=2

there was also this comment that had been previously made that i needed to find to link into the thread for throsten to look at

http://midibox.org/forums/topic/17498-midibox-ng-release-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=185392

Edited by ssp

I think that this could be somehow solved by using ^dump in combination with sysex_pos for individual dummy events which collect the characters - the characters then have to be print out conditionally, e.g. based on another dummy event which stores the selected channel.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Here the example:

Since in the NGR script the new "range" feature is used, you've to try it with the latest MBNG version

Best Regards, Thorsten.

4 hours ago, TK. said:

Here the example:

Since in the NGR script the new "range" feature is used, you've to try it with the latest MBNG version

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Puts hand up...  quite freely admits that I dont understand how to do this.

Sorry really not smart enough.