MIDIbox SID V1.6 alpha1

TK.

Hi *,

Due to requests I've decided to release an alpha version of MIDIbox SID V1.6, which is now available in the download section in parallel to the old (and stable) V1.5c.

See http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid_changelog.html

The final v1.6 will be released in some weeks or months...

Please report bugs here!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

great set of new features :)

I just transferred my custom settings to 1.6 and uploaded it. The issues I noticed so far are display-related:

When switching between the different SIDs, the patch name is not updated before you either go up and down one patch or enter a menu.

When you are on the main page and enter a menu by turning an encoder or pressing a CS key it seems that the second line is not cleared properly. Every fourth character of the patch name remains where normally the spaces between the parameters should be. This doesn´t appear when going through the menu to the page, but I suppose the reason is that in the main menu there are already spaces between the Menu names.

Can you reproduce these or have I made a mistake while porting my customizations?

Seppoman

Thanks Chriss! :)

yes - the CURVE parameter is unexplored territorial, I see a lot of potential for fresh new SID sounds :)

CC names: they are allocating too much internal memory (more than 1k), which should be free for upcoming features, therefore I've disabled the strings. Sooner or later I will provide an option which allows to store these strings in an external BankStick. By doing this, the strings could also be longer than 12 characters and therefore more readable

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hey T

from the changelog:

support for optional CBM8580 filter switch (jumper) which can be connected to pin RC.3 (CORE::J6::SI). This mechanism has to be enabled with CBM8580_FILTER_SWITCH in main.asm --- it's disabled by default! The pin number is free definable. A 10k pull-up should be added to this pin, this is already the case for RC.3 when you are using the original MBHP core module. Jumper open: 6581 filter, Jumper closed: 8580 filter

What does this do? and the part where u say "when you are using the original MBHP core module" implies theres another kind of core module about ? Is that V1? Confused...:P

Ta

Dan

Hi Dan,

no reason for beeing confused. This is a feature for a guy who wants to switch between 6581 and 8580 w/o uploading a reconfigured application.

The note about the core module is for people who design their own layout. If they also want to switch between the filter algorithms, they should not forget this pull-up resistor.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest eightlanemusic

Hello,

I think this little apl. was for me...:-)

Me only wanted to switch between 2 Sid boards, supportet by only one Core.

Means switch off maschine- unplug Sid Board complete and exchange with another complite board.

Even one configured with 6581 other with 8580.

sorry for my terrible english..

regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

Just an bug report..

when I have the SID V1.6 alpha2 on the master core and select the SID 2-4 (also PIC18f) and I want to change  sound from the bankstick, It´s goes very slowly (huge latency)and the value jumps from 1 to 10 steps at the time...

But when I select the SID 1 (master) It´s behave perfect. ???

It´s works Ok with the V1.5c on the master and the V1.6 on the slaves..

Cheers

Christoffer

Hi Christoffer,

you are right. I've already fixed this imperfection, but haven't made a new release due to the effort...

So, here the required changes:

open cs_menu_ms.inc, search for the CS_MENU_MS_Send_SysExDump function and the "bsf CS_STAT, CS_STAT_DISPLAY_INIT_REQ" instruction.

Remove this line

thereafter open "cs_menu.inc", search for the CS_MENU_PatchUpdate function and insert "bsf CS_STAT, CS_STAT_DISPLAY_INIT_REQ" at the end of this function (before the return instruction)

This will also fix the problem with the channel selection in the CFG menu

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...

I've created a new alpha3 release which includes this bugfix and which comes with a modification for custom LCD drivers.

Please update also to MIOS V1.6 (this is especially recommented for people who are using multiple SID slaves)

Best Regards, Thorsten.